Synch 2 MadMapper on 2 desktops
  • IssamHachex

Synch 2 MadMapper on 2 desktops

by IssamHachex » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:37 pm

Hello!

I would like to play a single video (cut into multiple scenes) using two Matrox triple head2Go video card on two different desktops (2pcs, 6 video projectors). and at the same time, these video outputs using Madmapper should start at the same moment. they should start and stop, and at the same time to stay synched after looping them indefinitely, every time.

Can the OSC functionality be a way to start the video on both MadMappers/Desktops? or is there any other way to launch and synch the videos? any scripting would be also a solution for me, but I don't know what could be the best way to do it.

Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated...

Thank you,

Issam
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Synch 2 MadMapper on 2 desktops

by mad-matt » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:39 am

Sure if you're able to send an OSC message to both MadMapper at the same time, they will stay in sync (if the movie player is FFMPEG). You can send "/medias/myMovie.mov/restart" to both IP adresses on MM OSC port and that will work. If you're on macOS, you can use the MadRouter to receive OSC from a device/application and forward it to multiple targets.
    You can also use MIDI or DMX.
  • IssamHachex

Re: Synch 2 MadMapper on 2 desktops

by IssamHachex » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:09 am

Thank you Mad-Matt for your help,
    But I have a problem that I'm not that familiar with the OSC configuration, it is my first trial.
    When you have said: "Sure if you're able to send an OSC message to both MadMapper at the same time, they will stay in sync (if the movie player is FFMPEG)."
    Did you mean from the OSC application that exists on the Apple store? because this application, from what I have seen on the internet it can control and send commands to one OSC recipient, in this case, one MM station will be controlled only. Correct me, please if I'm wrong.
    On another hand, when you talked about the MM Router, should I download it using my personal key from MadMapper?

Many thanks,

(PS: I took too much time to answer because I haven't received a notification or email from your reply!!)

Issam