MadLight Scenes / Cues
  • michaeljamesmette

MadLight Scenes / Cues

by michaeljamesmette » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:08 am

Question:

I use MadMapper only to control my LED strip tape using MadLight. It works great and basically I just overlay either a video (via Syphon) or a martial pattern.
    I'm excited about the new update and the ability to fade between different materials to compose a cool light program. I'm a bit confused as to the difference between Scenes and Cues. I can get my "presets" used with Scenes, but they don't fade, only a hard stop. I can't get my MadLight strips to show up using cues. Am I missing something?
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: MadLight Scenes / Cues

by mad-matt » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:35 am

Have you read the documentation about Scenes & Cues ? It's available from MadMapper Help menu.
    A scene is acting like a Preset. I suppose in your case you could only use Scenes (first line of the grid)
    I can't get my MadLight strips to show up using cues
    What do you mean by "show up" ? Can you explain what you're trying to achieve ?
  • michaeljamesmette

by michaeljamesmette » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:10 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was able to get my presets to show up like Scenes, but you're limited to 16 of them, correct?

I did read the documentation, twice. I think that I'm still getting used to MadMapper as I really only use it to drive my LED pixel lights. I'm not using it to drive any projectors.

I think I'm trying to wrap my head around the difference between surfaces and MadLight. In my brain, surfaces should be able to control my lights as well. But it seems that the only way I'm able to send any output to my Lights is through the MadLight Tab at the top. This seems to be separate from the Cues, right?

For example, when I draw a line in the Surfaces, I'm able to control a lot of animation parameters. Really cool. Is there a way I can control those animation parameters with a strip of LED lights? It would be awesome if I could send the output of the surfaces to my Lights.

Does that make sense?

peace,
    mjm
  • michaeljamesmette

by michaeljamesmette » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:38 pm

OK, I actually plugged in my setup and I'm starting to understand it a bit more. I can achieve what I want with scenes, with a little work.

So, am I correct in assuming that Cues have no effect on MadLight? I can't seem to get them to work correctly.

I have rehearsal now and then I'll re-read the documentation another time or two. Thank you for your answers and support.

peace,
    mjm
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:48 pm

No reason why it wouldn't work. I suggest you activate the Cue Inspector in Preferences / Misc / Show Cue Inspector. Then select your cue and check what's in there. Did it help ?