What PC to buy, 3 simultainious video 3 surfaces 2h show
  • moonchicago1

What PC to buy, 3 simultainious video 3 surfaces 2h show

by moonchicago1 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:47 pm

Hi there community!:))

I am getting ready to buy Madmapper and plunge into mapping videos for a show and need some advice!

I am on a Imac but can't afford a Macbookpro with the specs for projection, so plan to buy a Pc. It seem I can build the show on my Imac and use the PC at the venue to project, correct?

I'm lookin into a i7 ssd maybe 256 or 500 but know nothing about graphic cards. It seems I need one that as dedicated ram but theres many info outhere. Which one is best with madmapper and how much Ram do I need in the cpu it self?

I am going to be runing 3-4 simultainious videos on 3-4 different surfaces for the whole show, which is 23 songs, like 23 scenes..

Need you opinion so I can start my journey into Mapping!

Thanks

Steeve
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: What PC to buy, 3 simultainious video 3 surfaces 2h show

by mad-matt » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:51 pm

It seem I can build the show on my Imac and use the PC at the venue to project, correct?
    Yes !

i7 with 8 GB RAM should be ok, 16 GB is more comfortable, especially if you run other apps. Choose a good CPU, nVidia 1060, 1080 if you plan to add more projectors and do a more intensive use of sahders (ie Materials, FX, 3D objects etc)
    I am going to be runing 3-4 simultainious videos on 3-4 different surfaces for the whole show, which is 23 songs, like 23 scenes..
    Easy setup !
    Cheers!
  • moonchicago1

Re: What PC to buy, 3 simultainious video 3 surfaces 2h show

by moonchicago1 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:18 pm

Great thanks for the info! I'm still looking, there's so many PC's out there..it's carzy;))

How about the 1050 for the card would that still be good?

On this computer:
    https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/as ... 94723.aspx?

Or Used for 999$ i7 16g RAM 512g SSD 14" FHD 1920 2g vRAM LENOVO like NEW!!! One of the best gaming laptops ever existed, can be used for all heavy tasks like engineering programs- Katia, Solid Works, Autocad etc. Also video and photo editing- Photoshop, CS5, CS6 etc. That's because of the i7 quad core 8 threads - many sellers lie about their i7 2 cores 4 threads presenting them as 4 cores. Yes, i7 is not the ultimate processor, the I7 4 CORES 8 THREADS IS!!!! Dedicated vide / graphic card 2G vRAM - that's a huge aset for a laptop 1920 x 1080 Ful HD resolution 14" Screen

Your opinion?

Thanks!