Elation Cuepix
  • BenPower

Elation Cuepix

by BenPower » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:59 am

Hi,

I have got a load of Elation Cuepix that I would like to control through madmapper rather than a lighting desk as you have to do a massive work around with generic dimmers for each channel on the fixture. I know I have to do something similar in Madmapper and I have done it successfully though the control seems off. I'm putting this down to the fixture type.

With the Cuepix ww2 you have control over each individual lamp. Within Maddmapper the only way for it to work is RGB - the red controls one lamp, the green controls another and the Luminosity controls the overall brightness as it should. The lamps have a COB chip in them. Is there any setting/fixture that would work best with this? Are there any fixture/profile updates for this sort of chip to gain better control over the fixture?

Thanks.

Ben.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Elation Cuepix

by mad-matt » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:24 pm

You have to create a custom fixture for your device. For instance I did that to control some LED PARs (cf attachment). Some channels have a fixed value, the ZOOM is assigned to a slider available in fixture parameters (& controllable with MIDI/OSC/DMX etc + cues), I have expressions with red, green, blue & white channels so if I want grey/white it doesn't use RGB leds but only the white LEDs, which is much nicest.
    Attachments
    Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 13.21.09.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 13.21.09.png (219.51 KiB) Viewed 2613 times