Cues and Scenes tutorial?
  • AgentD
    activ8 member

Cues and Scenes tutorial?

by AgentD » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi, I want to use the new features Cues amd Scenes for my upcoming project but I found only one no-audio tutorial for Cues but not with Scenes. I see that some of you guys are already using them but I am having a bit of hard time to understand how to use them. Any tips or links about features would be highly appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance!!
    AD
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Cues and Scenes tutorial?

by mad-matt » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:16 am

Have you read the documentation ? (available from MadMapper menu Help / Scenes / Cues documentation)
    We're working on video tutorials.
  • paulus

Re: Cues and Scenes tutorial?

by paulus » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:53 pm

I have read the documentation, but it's not easy to follow. The documentation gives you a full run through of everything you can do with Scenes and Cues. But it is too much info about the feature set and not enough about how you actually build a scene with cures from scratch.

What would be useful is a tutorial that takes a typical (very simple) scenario of a video, followed by an image, followed by a Quad.

I'm particularly confused about Scenes and Cues. I understand the concept, but not how they work in Mad Mapper.

I added a Scene in column 1 as per the documentation. I added a Cue in that Scene as per the documentation (a video). I then added a new Scene in column 2 and didn't add anything to it, but the Inspector showed the parameters of the video in the Scene 2 Inspector and not in the Scene 1 Inspector which is where I originally added it.

What would also be useful is if the default naming of Scenes went Column 1 - Scene 1, Column 2 - Scene 2, Column 3 - Scene 3. Currently the default name for a Scene added to Column 1 is Scene, Column 2 is Scene-1, Column 3 is Scene-2...you get where I'm going.

I would definitely be up for seeing a video (with audio) of the Scenes and Cues being used to set up a simple piece of content.