new to madmapper scenes and cues
  • grjmmr

new to madmapper scenes and cues

by grjmmr » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:03 pm

I understand scenes and cues; I used them with a less robust mapping software and my own dmx software. I just can't seem to get them to work within Madmapper; even after reading the FAQs.

I am building my normal Halloween image map. I would like to use 3 quads; which I will name 1,2 & 3 and each quad will have 2 different avi's being shown. So my original assumption is the scene would have all of the .avi's in it and then I would have 2 cues; each with their respective .avi's. What I would like is to have Quad 1 run .avi A and then after 25 seconds move to either scene 2 or cue 2 and then run Quad 1 .avi D. So I built a scene that had the 3 quads in it. I imported the 6 .avi's A-F and then created cue 1 and had A,B and C playing in their respective quads. I set each to only run once and set the cue to run for 25 seconds. I was hoping to find some sort of "at the end of cue /scene go to next scene or something similar. But even if I hit play on the next scene or cue ( I have tried to do this multiple ways) the imported .avi's D,E and F do not start. So I am missing something. I have tried to find video's to no avail. Ultimately I would like to have the 3 quads running multiple avi's with quad 1 controlling the scenes or cues. Any help would be wonderful; thank you in advance.

~William
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: new to madmapper scenes and cues

by mad-matt » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:46 pm

I suppose you understood how to go with it. My suggestion: use scenes or cues but not both, it can be confusing. It might be useful in some situations. Let us know if you have any question
  • Teunkneus
    activ8 member

by Teunkneus » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:14 pm

I think I had the same issue.
    Found out with inspector you can choose restart media, but somehow this toggle resets when you make any changes in the scene.
    I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:20 pm

We'll discuss this point with the team. Actually "Update Scene" does the same as deleting the scene and creating a new one (except for its name, comment, color etc). So it doesn't care about what's actually in the Scene. If you the color/red value of a surface is different in the scene than in the current document, of course we except "Update Scene" to change the color/red value (in the scene). But for parameters like "Restart", which are not a "state" of the media object, this is a discussion.
  • Teunkneus
    activ8 member

by Teunkneus » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:38 pm

We'll discuss this point with the team. Actually "Update Scene" does the same as deleting the scene and creating a new one (except for its name, comment, color etc). So it doesn't care about what's actually in the Scene. If you the color/red value of a surface is different in the scene than in the current document, of course we except "Update Scene" to change the color/red value (in the scene). But for parameters like "Restart", which are not a "state" of the media object, this is a discussion.
    Yeah it's just depending of the way you setup and use a project.
    But for example if I make a set-up a day before and if something happend and need to adjust tiny bits, it's very easy to do the adjustment and hit "update scene" but the danger is forgetting about the restart option.
    So now I'm panic checking every scene to check if the restart and pause options are still correct ;)

Reason for pause is when working with multiple 4K files I thought it would be easier for the CPU/GPU to pause every movie which is not displayed or hidden behind a new movie. So when It needs to play again I also need the restart.