SyphonRecorder with 25fps all the time
  • visionnocturne

SyphonRecorder with 25fps all the time

by visionnocturne » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:05 pm

Hi,

I try to export two animation .mov for a dual monitor.
    In mad mapper, I have 2 projector 1920X1080.
    I need a good export with Syphon record with 25fps(Apple-Photo).

when I export in 1080P with frame rate 25, the record it's between 15or 30 fps.
    Never with 25fps.
    Can you help me to export with 25fps? or it's possible to export with Syphon 2 projector in the same frame rate?

I need 2 animation recorded by syphon recorder in .mov 1920X1080 for 2 projector (and one image projection) and a good
    synchonisation between the 2 screen.

Can you help me please? It's very urgent! Thank you
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: SyphonRecorder with 25fps all the time

by mad-matt » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:14 pm

Hi,
    MadMapper engine is trying to optimize CPU/GPU usage. If you use an animated material it will render at maximum FPS (60 Hz on a 60Hz screen), if you use a 30 FPS movie it will render at 30 FPS (except if you have MIDI/DMX/OSC... controls changing parameters), if you use an image, it will render at 1 FPS.
    But you can force MadMapper engine FPS by changing an hidden setting. It has been required for some NDI receivers that require constant FPS. It's also a solution in your case. There might be more preferences to control engine FPS in the future.
    To set it up:

On MacOS, in Terminal.app: defaults write com.garagecube.MadMapper engineFPS 25
    On Windows, in Cmd.exe: REG ADD HKCU\SOFTWARE\Garagecube\MadMapper /f /v engineFPS /t REG_SZ /d 25

To disable:
    On MacOS, in Terminal.app: defaults write com.garagecube.MadMapper engineFPS 0
    On Windows, in Cmd.exe: REG ADD HKCU\SOFTWARE\Garagecube\MadMapper /f /v engineFPS /t REG_SZ /d 0

Cheers