Anyway to trigger a video based on the position of a surface?
  • loffeno

Anyway to trigger a video based on the position of a surface?

by loffeno » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:48 pm

I'm new to MadMapper and I'm currently trying to use it to create an interactive wall at my job. The idea was to use the Leap motion controller like a mouse cursor to select things to interact with, which would then trigger a video.

I know you can use the Leap to control surfaces, so I was wondering if it was possible that I could, for example, control a circle and use it like a mouse cursor. Meaning that when the circle surface is within an area and the user uses a gesture on the Leap, it would play the appropriate video based on the location of the circle.

Any help is appreciated. My job currently only has a license for version 2, so if this is only possible with the latest version, let me know.

I'm also a computer science student, so if its possible, I could program this functionality and use it with MadMapper. Just not sure how to go about something like that.
    ScottElliff

Re: Anyway to trigger a video based on the position of a surface?

by ScottElliff » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:58 am

Posted by Ioffeno
    Re: Anyway to trigger a video based on the position of a surface?
    essaytyper

I'm new to MadMapper and I'm currently trying to use it to create an interactive wall at my job. The idea was to use the Leap motion controller like a mouse cursor to select things to interact with, which would then trigger a video.

I know you can use the Leap to control surfaces, so I was wondering if it was possible that I could, for example, control a circle and use it like a mouse cursor. Meaning that when the circle surface is within an area and the user uses a gesture on the Leap, it would play the appropriate video based on the location of the circle.

Any help is appreciated. My job currently only has a license for version 2, so if this is only possible with the latest version, let me know.

I'm also a computer science student, so if its possible, I could program this functionality and use it with MadMapper. Just not sure how to go about something like that.
    Hello,

I used AeroTouch to perform similar actions. Not sure how to do it with MadMapper though. I'm just a beginner too. And I'd be interested to hear the solution, if any.