MadMapper 3.7.0 Beta 2
  • Benoit
    ultim8 member

MadMapper 3.7.0 Beta 2

by Benoit » Thu May 02, 2019 2:53 pm

Dear MadMapper users, we're glad to announce you that we just released MadMapper version 3.7.0 Beta 2 with a couple of more fixes!

You can download it as usual on the yourspace page : https://madmapper.com/yourspace/

2 different versions are available for Mac users depending if you're running macOS 10.12 and above or the previous macOs versions such as 10.9, 10.10 and 10.10.

A lot of improvements are included in this new version, feel free to share any feedbacks :)

MM 3.7.0 Beta 2 Release Notes (new fixes added in bold writing) :

ADDITIONS
    + Cues:
    Added autoplay settings per column
    Added an option to set cue thumbnail from one of the visuals it's referencing
    Restart media is set to ON by default (use cue inspector to deactivate)
    + Native support of HapQ Alpha & optimized HAP decoding in general
    + Oscillator: replaced Master Oscillator by an Oscillator module that can be created as many times as wanted, as well as a 2D Oscillator (projects made with previous releases will still work like before)
    + Added drag&drop possibility in textual Media List
    + NDI output: added a checkbox to enable alpha channel in stream (compressing with alpha channel is slower and useless in most cases)
    + DMX output: possibility to use media Alpha channel in fixtures (using expressions) and to ignore alpha channel for R,G,B,W,L,C,M,Y,K values (useful to driver RGBW LEDs from a RGBA movie or syphon/spout stream)

IMPROVEMENTS
    * Major optimisation on Windows when using multiple outputs with AMD graphics card
    * Various optimisations
    * When dropping a visual (file or internal drag) to the preview, create a quad surface with the visual where we released the mouse
    * Updated to latest NDI SDK (3.8 )
    * Updated to latest Canon SDK
    * Improved crash reporter on Windows
    * Improved audio spectrum reactivity (higher update rate and lower delay)
    * Added bpm_phase_sync parameter to TimeBase generator/filter (for user materials)

FIXES
    - Fixed a possible issue when reloading a file at startup
    - Cue auto-play “Play next when movie loop ends” was sometimes not working when movie audio track is active
    - It could happen that movie was shorten when reaching the end (depending on the codec & how the movie was created)

- Fixed issue with Folder Player last frame
    - Fixed possible issue when connecting / disconnecting screens
    - ArtNet Unicast: fixed possible issue when polling for devices from preferences
    - ArtNet Unicast: fixed possible issue when several devices are listening to the same universe
    - Fixed Kinect Masker (macOS only)
    - Fixed LED Scanner generated fixture size in case of single pixel fixtures
    - Solved an issue on Windows when ASIO driver is selected in Audio preferences
    - Fixed an issue when cueing Solid Color generator
    gmint
    ultim8 member

Re: MadMapper 3.7.0 Beta 2

by gmint » Tue May 07, 2019 10:02 pm

Just installed the new beta on two machines. One is running on a 10.14 machine and the other is a 10.11 machine. The 10.14 version seems to be running fine (so far) however on the 10.11 machine (using the 10.11 version of MadMapper) I noticed that my h.264 encoded movies will not play when the "Use Hardware Acceleration if possible" checkbox is checked. This does not occur in the release version of MadMapper.
    DJ G Mint

www.MidwestDJs.com • [url=https://]www.minidj.com[/url]
    manoly

by manoly » Thu May 09, 2019 7:18 pm

Hi, first of all congratulations for the new improvements and fixes.
    I'm very interested in using my kinect on Madmapper and I see that you've fixed it in this beta version. I find in preferences the "Enable Kinect One Suport (Kinect Masker and cameras)" button and activate it. But I can't find anywhere else how to connect and use kinect with my mac. I'm working with Kinect 1414 and MacOs Mojave 10.14.4

Your help will we very useful ;-*
    light up your space, share the path
    @missvisuales
    Just_Deweak

by Just_Deweak » Sun May 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Hello,

A feedback about thumbnails images in cues : the font color is black and the icons dark, so if your movie is black, you cant's see anything !
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Wed May 15, 2019 3:48 pm

Thanks for reporting and sorry for the late reply.
    We fixed AVFoundation on 10.11. We adapted the code for Apple changes and it broke on 10.11. Thanks for reporting !
    A feedback about thumbnails images in cues : the font color is black and the icons dark, so if your movie is black, you cant's see anything !
    MadMapper checks global pixture luminosity and will choose white or black text. In some cases it's not perfect. We'll try to make it better.
    I'm very interested in using my kinect on Madmapper and I see that you've fixed it in this beta version. I find in preferences the "Enable Kinect One Suport (Kinect Masker and cameras)" button and activate it. But I can't find anywhere else how to connect and use kinect with my mac. I'm working with Kinect 1414 and MacOs Mojave 10.14.4
    If you plug a Kinect ONE and start MadMapper with Kinect activated in preferences, you will get 3 cameras (RGB / Infrared / depth) and a "Kinect Masker" generator that allow you to mask a visual from the depth camera by defining min & max depth. We'll document that soon.