Copy/pasting mesh/perspective attributes between quads
  • jhamonemillion

Copy/pasting mesh/perspective attributes between quads

by jhamonemillion » Mon May 13, 2019 8:07 am

Hi - apologies if this is an obvious feature I've missed, but looking around the forum I've seen nothing.
    I am trying to paste the mesh transform/perspective attributes of one quad to another. My guess is that this is a very common workflow function, so was wondering how it is done?

Thanks!
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Copy/pasting mesh/perspective attributes between quads

by mad-matt » Mon May 13, 2019 12:15 pm

You can duplicate a quad, but you cannot transfer those settings from an existing quad to another.
  • jhamonemillion

by jhamonemillion » Thu May 16, 2019 5:39 am

Would you consider adding this as a feature? It feels really potentially useful workflow wise - right now not having it is adding huge amounts of reduncant labour to my work, for example.

Say, for example, I have a number of different cues, cross-fading different content and layers. If I want to change my mapping, but keep all the content the same with this system do I have to essentially recreate all the content with the new mapping, then update each cue in turn? I know there is a syphon loopback possibility, but that seems quite labourious. Are there other ways to do this with the cue system?
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Thu May 16, 2019 11:35 am

You can update the geometry (including mesh warping) in all cues at once. Just adjust the mesh warping, select all cues to update, press the "Edit" button of the cue bank, then on you quad, press the "Mesh Warping" button to update/add mesh warping setting in all cue/scene selection.
    Does it solve your problem ?
  • jhamonemillion

by jhamonemillion » Fri May 24, 2019 8:34 pm

Yes it does, thank you!