Kinect Masker and Windows
  • sputnik

Kinect Masker and Windows

by sputnik » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:32 pm

Hi,
    Just wanted to double check if Kinect Masker works only on MacOs ? I am on Windows and using 'spout in ' to bring kinect silhouette from other software. Is there any other simpler method within Madmapper (on Win) ?
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Kinect Masker and Windows

by mad-matt » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:05 pm

We haven't ported the Kinect Masker on Windows at the moment. It's not a big task but not in our priorities at the moment. I think better solutions are coming for depth cameras so we might invest energy in newer and more efficient and reliable technology.
  • sputnik

by sputnik » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:18 am

We haven't ported the Kinect Masker on Windows at the moment. It's not a big task but not in our priorities at the moment. I think better solutions are coming for depth cameras so we might invest energy in newer and more efficient and reliable technology.
    Ok.Thx for the info. Looking forward to this then !. In the meantime will keep using good old kinect .
  • kotzreizol

by kotzreizol » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:30 pm

hi..

I am on Windows and using 'spout in ' to bring kinect silhouette from other software.
    @spunik which software is used for it. and it would be possible to describe the exact structure.

many thanks...
  • sputnik

by sputnik » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:37 pm

hi..

I am on Windows and using 'spout in ' to bring kinect silhouette from other software.
    @spunik which software is used for it. and it would be possible to describe the exact structure.

many thanks...
    Hi First you have to install spout plugin from here http://spout.zeal.co/. Later you can use Touchdesigner or Unity (or any other) for kinect input .Use sample project for either how to obtain kinect depth camera view , then spout out from these programs. Madmapper will communicate thru spout protocol and will find this source.