Scene autostart after few minutes of inactivity
  • sputnik

Scene autostart after few minutes of inactivity

by sputnik » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:17 am

Hi,
    What would be the best way - if possible to autostart a scene after let's say 2mins of inactivity. I have setup with Bare Conductive's Touchboard and separate scenes assigned to sensors. But I was wondering if it would be possible to create another (standby screensaver) scene if nothing is pressed and make it autostart ? For example with cueing system - I am still not very fluent with it.Note the fact that all sensors have different quads with different media assigned. This additional (standby scene) is another new quad with also different media assigned.Basically the whole interactive wall should work as any touchscreen application with screensaver
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Scene autostart after few minutes of inactivity

by mad-matt » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:46 pm

What do you mean by inactivity ? No MIDI / OSC / keyboard / .. message received for some time ? (I mean no Controls were triggered)
  • sputnik

by sputnik » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:33 pm

What do you mean by inactivity ? No MIDI / OSC / keyboard / .. message received for some time ? (I mean no Controls were triggered)
    Exactly.No Midi input touches. If just the whole setup could autostart lets say from 1st scene on the left column (we can call this screensaver scene).Then all the other scenes would be triggered by assigned Midi controls from Touchboard
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:04 pm

I'll do it in a Module (next week) and let you know. It's quite simple. Cheers
  • sputnik

by sputnik » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:04 pm

I'll do it in a Module (next week) and let you know. It's quite simple. Cheers
    Great.Thanks! .Note that I'm on Windows..if you are talking about Modul8
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:53 am

You can unzip the attached file in ~/Document/MadMapper/Modules or on Windows in C:\Users\your_login\Documents\MadMapper\Modules
    Now from the modules tab you can create the "MIDI Activity" module. It will create a new controller of type "custom" that you can choose when creating a "Control". You can specify the "timeout" in seconds after which the "timed_out" channel will become true. You can then create a control from this channel to a scene/cue or to any other parameter.
    Let me know if it's clear engouh
    Attachments
    MIDI Activity.zip
    (2.04 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
  • sputnik

by sputnik » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:19 pm

You can unzip the attached file in ~/Document/MadMapper/Modules or on Windows in C:\Users\your_login\Documents\MadMapper\Modules
    Now from the modules tab you can create the "MIDI Activity" module. It will create a new controller of type "custom" that you can choose when creating a "Control". You can specify the "timeout" in seconds after which the "timed_out" channel will become true. You can then create a control from this channel to a scene/cue or to any other parameter.
    Let me know if it's clear engouh
    Thanks a lot ! Will try this one out & let you know how it goes !.
  • sputnik

by sputnik » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:34 am

I think I made it ! Took me a while thou ,was doing everything wrong-trying to assign midi in control and then add the module Midi activity in midi control window ,but figured it out finally . Found at the bottom of scene drop down menu >>custom control ,and this jumped in the ''other'' tab in control window. Thanks again. It works !! . Have to say ,for me it is breakthrough - having almost full functionality of touchscreen app !
    Another big one is switching between languages - for example multiple sets of scenes/movies engaged by language/flag icon with assigned midi. But for the moment do not know how to handle this. That is for another day
    Thanks Matt !!
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:37 pm

version 4 will feature multiple cue banks, so you could make one bank per language..
  • sputnik

by sputnik » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:12 pm

version 4 will feature multiple cue banks, so you could make one bank per language..
    That's great news. Looking forward to it.
  • sputnik

by sputnik » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:56 pm

Hi Matt,
    Some time you have sent me MIDI inactivity module. Very useful feature.
    I did not realized then how it works . It starts counting from the moment I press MIDI sensor. In 2019 my triggered movies were short , around 10sec)and all same length, so it was easy to setup timeout just lets say 30 sec ,then screensaver was kicking in.
    Problem starts where some of my movies are 6mins , and other 2mins. I would have to setup timeout longer than longest of the movies
    Then shorter movies after playback is finished, would have another 4mins blank, when screensaver starts
    Would it be possible to setup MIDI activity based on scenario ,where it starts counting after the movie is played fully ,and then timeout starts ,not after first press of sensor at the beginning of movie playback
    Would greatly appreciate any help, as I'm running installation in two weeks.
    Regards,
    Dariusz