Synchronize cue switching with tempo of music
  • AEK_98

Synchronize cue switching with tempo of music

by AEK_98 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:37 pm

Hi,
    We work in night clubs with DJs. There was a need for high-quality synchronization of music with the video. The main thing I would like to do is switch the cue to the pace.The DJ function does not give a good result for determining the bits. What are the ways to solve this problem?

https://yadi.sk/i/-eW-E3FGqX5P6w

Anyway, I would like to hear who and how we use the function of link video to audio signal.

Best regards,
    Andrey.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Synchronize cue switching with tempo of music

by mad-matt » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:26 pm

The audio beat detection is not perfect. Do you have any option to send MadMapper a Midi Time Code or to use Ableton Link ? If so you'd get a better time information in MadMapper.
    To synchronize movie playback on the beat, you can set your movie in "pause" and assign "/custom/BPM/4_beats" to"/medias/myMovie.mov/position" (right click "position" slider and choose "Add Custom Control", in Control List choose Source Device "BPM" and channel "4_beats")
    You can also create the assignment to "/medias/myMovie.mov/positionSec" to setup a loop in seconds by adjusting the target range min & max values (in seconds)
  • AEK_98

by AEK_98 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:38 pm

Hi,
    As I already wrote in my post, we work at DJ performances or at rock band concerts. This means that we are not able to use the time code. Musical material is created live. We have mastered the technology of processing audio using triggers (this can be seen in my video), which creates a very accurate audio signal of beats. This is the signal we are sending to MadMapper. What needs to be done in order for MadMapper to switch the next cue to the beat (1, 2, 4, 8 ... etc.)?
    It seems to us that this function is one of the most important for synchronizing live audio with the work of MadMapper.

Best regards,
    Andrey.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:35 pm

If MadMapper gets a proper BPM value (we improved beat detection from audio in 4.0) you can set the cue "auto play" setting to a duration in beats (pressing the setup icon next to the "auto play" button on top of the cue grid)
  • AEK_98

by AEK_98 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:35 pm

It will be very good when it starts working properly! :D
    Are you aware of programs (plugins) that can recognize BPM well? We found only Waveclock www.wavesum.net/products.html.
    But, unfortunately, it only works on MAC OC.