.obj apply calibration to multiple files (?)
  • samuelbaum

.obj apply calibration to multiple files (?)

by samuelbaum » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi again,

another quick question, if I have multiple, different .obj files loaded into MadMapper, of which essentially all would have the same basic, cubic dimensions (and would therefore have to be mapped exactly the same), is there a way to apply one calibration to all of these objects? Or to link the different .obj files to one calibrated file as to not unnecessarily repeat the same mapping 12 times?

Thank you!
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: .obj apply calibration to multiple files (?)

by mad-matt » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:26 pm

Hi. No there's no such option. That's a rare use case... Generally you use the OBJ of the physical object you're projecting to. What's your use case ?
  • samuelbaum

Re: .obj apply calibration to multiple files (?)

by samuelbaum » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:47 pm

Hi. No there's no such option. That's a rare use case... Generally you use the OBJ of the physical object you're projecting to. What's your use case ?
    As my BA project, I've created a 3-D Mapping Show on a rotating sculpture. The sculpture is a cube, so in a way, you could say I'm mapping different versions of cubic shapes onto the real cube. So far, it only really works with .obj files. To have a bit of a selection, I'm using multiple .obj files, where all versions need the same mapping/calibration. I was just wondering if there was a quicker way, like calibrating one .obj and copy that calibration to all other. But no matter, maybe in the future!
    Thank you anyway :)