Two beamers
  • Robbert

Two beamers

by Robbert » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:14 pm

For a (small) theatre production I’m using MadMapper on a Windows laptop with a single HDMI output and a 1920 x 1080 Optoma short throw beamer. All content material is prerecorded in scenes. It works perfectly.

Now I would like to double this setup with a second beamer as a backup during the performance and in order to increase the light intensity when all goes well.

How do I connect two beamers? In the Forum I read about dual and triplehead graphic carts, is that the best /only way? Is it also possible with some sort of an external splitter (e.g.)? Can MM ‘find’ the separate beamers?

I would like the setup to remain simple: define two beamers in MadPapper and built the dedicated geometry (with the same content) for the unique perspective of each beamer.

Any feedback, advise etc. is very welcome and much appreciated!
    Robbert, Amsterdam
  • Benoit
    super8 member

Re: Two beamers

by Benoit » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:30 pm

One of the best device is the Datapath, excellent choice but pricy

otherwise we would recommend the matrox triplehead2go

Useful for Mac computers but there are maybe other solutions for Windows..

"I would like the setup to remain simple: define two beamers in MadPapper and built the dedicated geometry (with the same content) for the unique perspective of each beamer."
    basically you just have to add a second projector - you can "mute" and unmute it and manage its position easily
    Benoit * garageCube team
  • Robbert

Re: Two beamers

by Robbert » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:18 am

Thanks for your advice! Reassuring to know it will work. I suppose a Matrox Dual Head will do the same.

Thanks again,
    Robbert