How many projectors can you connect to one project?
  • Alinta

How many projectors can you connect to one project?

by Alinta » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:08 am

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've used MadMapper and I think the version I currently have installed is v2 - I haven't updated it in a couple of years and I'm a Mac user who hasn't yet tried it on PC. I just had a quick question about the newer version (or any version really): does anyone know what the MAXIMUM number of projectors you can connect to a single project is? I seem to recall having 2-3 projectors set up across the one project, but I was wondering if it could support having more? I guess I'm asking because I'm hoping to use it as a video wall of sorts.

And a secondary question, could I hook, say, 5 projectors in using an adapter to get that many ports, or do I need to use something like a Brightsign player?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
  • Benoit
    super8 member

Re: How many projectors can you connect to one project?

by Benoit » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:22 am

you can use "as many" projectors as you want actually,

basically you'll only be limited by your computer' ressources...

if you don't have enough output on your computer (which will be especially the case with a MAC) I'd recommend that you use instead a splitter like the matrix triplehead or even better, the datapath.
    Benoit * garageCube team
  • Alinta

by Alinta » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:29 am

you can use "as many" projectors as you want actually,

basically you'll only be limited by your computer' ressources...

if you don't have enough output on your computer (which will be especially the case with a MAC) I'd recommend that you use instead a splitter like the matrix triplehead or even better, the datapath.
    Thanks Benoit! That's just what I wanted to hear :D One other question while you're here: in the past I have used Syphon to bring an interactive piece into madmapper to make an interactive video wall using natively interactive projectors. Would this still work through a triplehead or datapath display? Or for an interactive video wall should I just skip madmapper altogether and use something more like a brightsign player?
  • Benoit
    super8 member

by Benoit » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:38 pm

Yes, you can continue to use Syphon as you did before,

it will also work with a Triplehead or the Datapath.

Afterwards : MadMapper is a awesome tool for mapping but depending on your project - interactive wall with interactive projector - a Brightsign player might be a more suitable solution, as its their specialty

Unfortunately I don't know this solution...
    Benoit * garageCube team
  • Alinta

by Alinta » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:40 am

Yes, you can continue to use Syphon as you did before,

it will also work with a Triplehead or the Datapath.

Afterwards : MadMapper is a awesome tool for mapping but depending on your project - interactive wall with interactive projector - a Brightsign player might be a more suitable solution, as its their specialty

Unfortunately I don't know this solution...
    Thanks for your help :D :D