Adjustment of grouped shapes and changing media sources
  • norty303

Adjustment of grouped shapes and changing media sources

by norty303 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:03 am

Hi All
    Early user of MM so may just be misunderstanding how it goes about things.

Couple of questions:

1. I've created a map on a hexagon, using 6 duplicated triangles all top points turned into the centre to give a kaleidoscope effect.
    I've created a group for all of these so it can select the whole hexagon as one piece.
    Lets assume this might be used in different venues with different projector placing at each.
    If i select the group, the geometric adjustment in the output now only seems to change the X and Y size rather than adjusting the perspctive like when you adjust them indifividually.
    This would make undertaking simple adjustments fairly cumbersome if you have to adjust each 'quad' indifividually at each venue. My map is actually more complex than just the triangles too.

2. I set up the triangles using a Syphon feed. Now the triangles seem to be locked to the Syphon feed. With other quads i can select a media type, then select a different media item for them. Is this something particular about Syphon?

Thanks for any pointers
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Adjustment of grouped shapes and changing media sources

by mad-matt » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:58 pm

If i select the group, the geometric adjustment in the output now only seems to change the X and Y size rather than adjusting the perspctive
    When you select a surface group: in 4.0 you can active "perspective" option in the group settings. In previous releases, press "Alt" when moving the handle of the group, it will do perspective.
    With a multi-selection of surfaces ("shadow group"): press "Alt" when moving the handle of the group, it will do perspective.
    2. I set up the triangles using a Syphon feed. Now the triangles seem to be locked to the Syphon feed. With other quads i can select a media type, then select a different media item for them. Is this something particular about Syphon?
    No. I think you did a wrong manipulation.
    You can just select the triangles, or their parent surface group, and press the "assign" icon on the desired visual and it will assign it.
    I don't understand your issue.