Video Playlists with loops
  • elkallemajor

Video Playlists with loops

by elkallemajor » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:19 pm

Hey there community,

I am stuck with a problem and maybe you guys have an idea as to how I can solve it.
    For a surprise birthday show on monday I am trying to archieve the following:
    Video_1 is a seemless loop an loops continously...
    It is a facade-projection and Video_1 is an ambient video.
    Then at an unforseeable moment, the person who shall be surprised arrives and enjoys the ambient Video_1 on his house.
    After a couple of joyfull minutes with VIdeo_1 I need it to be followed by Video_2 which features some more show elements.
    When Video_2 ends it shall be followed by Video_1 again which starts to loop once again..
    For sure they want to see Video_2 again later that evening, so I have to be able to activate it spontaneously once more.

If I would do it with a normal Video-Player, I would do it like this:
    Video_1 is first in a playlist and on repeat1.
    Whenever I want to slide in Video_2 I change the Playlist settings to repeat all, so after completion of Video_1, Video_2 will appear.
    As soon as Video_2 is finished it restarts the whole Playlist with Video_1 again and while that plays I switch the Playlist-settings back to repeat one.

I hope you get what I am after.. Any advice?
    Thanks in advance!
  • Benoit
    ultim8 member

Re: Video Playlists with loops

by Benoit » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:20 pm

there's no proper sequencer in MadMapper although you can :

- setup scenes / cues and trigger them
    - use the cue sheduler

If you stay on your computer it'll be easy since you can easily setup your show and trigger those different videos with the scene and cues

many options are available, check the youtube playlist as well as the guides available on yourspace