Help Getting started with LED gear
  • lumatribe

Help Getting started with LED gear

by lumatribe » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:18 pm

Hello everyone!

I have been using Madmapper for years for video mapping. I recently purchased the GarageCube LED fixtures to play around with LED lighting. Now, I want to purchase more customizable LED gear but don't know where to start.

I attempted to use Teensy and WS2812B's but the single line code only works for the test. When not testing, all LED's remain on full white and MM shaders just layer color on top of the already lit LED's, so that's out of the question.

I'm thinking of looking at Pixlite. I just want to control multiple, addressable LED strips using Madmapper shaders just like I do with the garage cube DMX LED's. I fell in love with Arduino because I want to have PIR or ultra-sonic sensors trigger the LED's but after pulling my hair out trying to get LED's to work with MM, I'm more than willing to pay much more for something that just works (with Madmapper) and has decent documentation/tutorials.

Go easy on the new guy! I'm still learning! I'd appreciate any advice or links to vids that can show me what gear to purchase in order to accomplish triggering LED's with motion sensors, while using Madmapper's shaders.

Thanks so much for any help!
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: Help Getting started with LED gear

by franz » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:11 pm

pixlite is the way to go if you want to control *many* LED fixtures