MM Mic Audio Triggers Clip and Holds or Cue / Scene
  • ProjectileObjects
    activ8 member

MM Mic Audio Triggers Clip and Holds or Cue / Scene

by ProjectileObjects » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:28 pm

Is it possible for audio to trigger playback of a clip or scene in Madmapper and wait for that clip to finish before it can be triggered again?

If there are a list of clips could this be done at random? (Scene / Cue?)

Right now, I have it where audio from a microphone input triggers a clip, but it will keep retriggering that clip from the beginning if the audio hits the triggering threshold. I'd like that clip to fully play out before it can be triggered again. (The same would be great for ISF or MM Materials, if I could put a wait on the audio analysis before it triggers again).

Thanks!
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: MM Mic Audio Triggers Clip and Holds or Cue / Scene

by mad-matt » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:42 am

That' an interresting one. There are options with cues, but it' quite tricky (a cue can activate or deactivate a cue scheduler, that opens quite a lot of possibilities and headaches)
    I propose we add a new control on movies: we now have "/medias/myMovie.mov/restart", we could add "/medias/myMovie.mov/restart_if_finished". That would only work with a movie in "play once" mode.
    In MadMapper 5.0 beta 2, there's a new module called "Media Playback" that lets you create a control that would be triggered whenever a user chosen movie looped, which solves quite a lot of situations including yours (right click a parameter / Add Control / MadMapper / in control settings, choose Media Playback as source, and choose channell "MyMovie.mov/looped".
    But anyway, the restart_if_finished makes things very simple for a lot of situations and it's quite easy to implement.
  • ProjectileObjects
    activ8 member

Re: MM Mic Audio Triggers Clip and Holds or Cue / Scene

by ProjectileObjects » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:35 pm

That Matt!

Yes, it is a bit tricky. I can also make it so that sound changes to random clips, shaders, materials, or generators, but unfortuntely with "random" I cannot make sure it does not jump to internal camera, or syphon if available. So it seems like Scenes/Cues is best for controlling which content it switches to.

That would be an awesome feature in V5, I look forward to it.

Thank you!