Version Support for BMD Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt
  • jrebrand

Version Support for BMD Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt

by jrebrand » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:48 am

Hello,

I am a VJ interested in using Madmapper for Pixel Mapping primarily with a live video feed. My video setup is primarily analog, with the input here being my 2015 MBP (High Sierra 10.6.13) receiving Composite or S-Video input from a BlackMagic Design Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt (10.9.12).

In MM 5.0.2, the Intensity Shuttle appears, but no video input feed is shown, even after toggling the BMD related settings. I receive input correctly in BMD Media Express (525i59.94p).

Does anyone have experience getting MM to work well with the Intensity Shuttle? Are there any older versions that work well with High Sierra or that era of BMD capture cards?

Thanks for any insight. I'm very new to this, so any suggestions are appreciated.
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: Version Support for BMD Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt

by Pierre Guilluy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:00 pm

It's unfortunate, but Blackmagic support breaks every now and then because updated drivers break the compatibility, resulting is us having to fix our implementation regularly.
    I wish they would provide a better backward compatibility.

MadMapper is currently link against DeckLink SDK 11.6.

Could you try installing DeckLink Desktop Video 11.6, instead of a more recent one?
    https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/