Feedback ISF
  • play.vj

Feedback ISF

by play.vj » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:44 am

Hello,

I cant seem to get the feedback ISF to work. I can input an image, but the "feedback layer" shows the chess board pastern, as if there is no image being fed into that layer.

This is the ISF Im trying to use:
    https://editor.isf.video/shaders/620f25 ... 001405bc21

Any help apreciated.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Feedback ISF

by mad-matt » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:00 pm

Indeed MadMapper doesn't support ISF passes at the moment. If many request it we might think about it. You can do texture ping-pong with materials in MadMapper 5.1, cf menu Help / Materials documentation
  • jasonbeyers
    super8 member

by jasonbeyers » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:25 am

A related wish list thread: https://forum.garagecube.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=35264

The last-frame feature in 5.1 is definitely a good step in the right direction, but a persistent buffer (and multi pass) would be much more powerful.

Seems like the only ways to get this is with Touchdesigner or Resolume (wire), with TD being the more flexible option (and much steeper learning curve). Oh and Magic Music Visuals, but that tool is quite limited.

It would be great if we could do multi-pass and general-purpose buffers within MM.
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:44 am

for multi pass and persistent buffers, we'd rather use compute shaders instead of the regular pipeline. much more flexibility. however the requires switching to vulkan/dx/metal, that road is long
  • play.vj

by play.vj » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:18 pm

Thanks everyone!

I'm up for this feature, feedback on one surface is handy in many situations. I guess this can also enable video delay.