Windows High DPI scaling
  • Seufertas

Windows High DPI scaling

by Seufertas » Thu May 18, 2023 3:01 pm

Hi, I am on Windows 10 and am often using a 4K external monitor with a scaling factor of 150%. When I am using MM with this setup then the scaling of the UI is really big. I know the workaround of overriding the Windows scaling via the High DPI setting in the Compatibilty tab, but then the UI is blurred. Is there any other solution or plans to have UI scaling option in MM in the near future?

All the best!
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Windows High DPI scaling

by mad-matt » Sun May 21, 2023 11:42 pm

Yes there is, by the end of the years if everything is ok.
  • MikolFr

by MikolFr » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:27 pm

Hi,
    I'm facing opposite issue ... I've a 2k screen with a 125% scaling at Windows settings. MadMapper ignore scaling at this rate, it only scale from 150%.
    Is there a way to force scaling ?
    Thanks
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:19 pm

We're working on it. Next major update will handle display scaling properly on Windows. Inbetween, please setup display scaling to 100% or 200%.
  • Seufertas

by Seufertas » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:34 am

I literally just came here to repost my question just to see your most recent reply! Very happy! Thanks for your work and great support!
  • MikolFr

by MikolFr » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:04 pm

And MadMapper 5.5.5 is here ... but ok, not a major release ... I cannot use MadMapper except if I switch scaling to 150 but it's too high. I'm currently choosing my Laser software and regarding this issue, despite all great features of MadMapper, I'm not sure to acquire it. Is there a schedule for the major release with high DPI fix ? Or a workaround to force MadMapper to think DPI scaling is 150 ?

Thanks
  • MikolFr

by MikolFr » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:18 pm

And MadMapper 5.5.5 is here ... but ok, not a major release ... I cannot use MadMapper except if I switch scaling to 150 but it's too high. I'm currently choosing my Laser software and regarding this issue, despite all great features of MadMapper, I'm not sure to acquire it. Is there a schedule for the major release with high DPI fix ? Or a workaround to force MadMapper to think DPI scaling is 150 ?

Thanks
    I finally found a way with High DPI for application settings:
    • right click on MindMapper exe,
    • properties,
    • compatibility,
    • update DPI settings,
    • I checked both options and select "System (enhanced)"
    and it's now greater.