Pause a Scene?
    caneron
    activ8 member

Pause a Scene?

by caneron » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:52 pm

I regularly use Mad Mapper as an audit tool - testing different codecs and color profiles on a projector.

My methodology is to create same duration/fps with different compression/color settings so I can lay one over the other in Mad and mask half of it for a "split screen" layout. This is super useful. I then create a scene with those files associated to quads so that I can always sync up the playback.

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to PAUSE the content, or attach a control to the video's playback position to control both quads simultaneously. Anyone know of any tricks to pause a scene (aka pause a cue), or link playback of two video sources w/ same duration?

The cheat for this in other programs is to pause the render engine, effectively pausing the content.

I know I can get around this by NDi from Premiere, but it won't necessarily decode the media the same way so it's not great for auditing.
    creative technology producer, designer
    🫠 https://www.vacationland.club
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Pause a Scene?

by mad-matt » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:19 am

I can't find a way to PAUSE the content, or attach a control to the video's playback position to control both quads simultaneously
    The easiest is to create a control to master engine speed (in master tab - fifth on the left).
    You can also create a cue that sets all movies involved to speed = 0% or to playback mode "paused" and another cue to speed = 100% or playback mode "play"