Color materials and cue
  • reMutable

Color materials and cue

by reMutable » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:35 pm

Hello,

I've set up two cues, for example Line Pattern in the first and MadNoise in the second.

In the "Cue Inspector" I deleted the Color blocks.

I assigned the color to a midi controller, when I choose a color it changes on the selected media. However, when I change cue, the color changes too! Why is this?

Basically, I'd like to have a slider to choose the color, and for that color to remain when I change material (if the material manages color).
  • humanaute

Re: Color materials and cue

by humanaute » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:28 pm

Hi,
    Select the two cues, press edit Button, disable the color on left inspector, press edit Button to exit.
    That's all.
  • reMutable

by reMutable » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:35 pm

Hi,
    Select the two cues, press edit Button, disable the color on left inspector, press edit Button to exit.
    That's all.
    Hello, I speak about the color of the media.

Let's say I have a cue with media line pattern, and another with siren. When I change the cue, the color changes even if the media color is not stored in the cue.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:54 am

So you don't change the color at surface level, you control the media color with a MIDI control to for instance "/medias/Siren/Color/Front_Color/red", is that correct ?
    Are you using cues or scenes ? You can't remove parameters from a scene (it's a full snapshot of the output). But if you remove "/Medias/Siren/Color/Front_color" from all cues in the Cue Inspector, I can ensure you, triggerring a Cue will not change this color...