Cue Scheduler & Reboot after power failure
  • thisisloop

Cue Scheduler & Reboot after power failure

by thisisloop » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:01 pm

Hi,

I am using the cue scheduler on a temporary public art install. The Mac Mini running the show is also set to reboot after power failure.
    This all works great, my Madmapper project restarts automatically as a login item after a reboot.

But when ever it reboots, no matter what scheduling is set, it will start to play the show. I would like it to only start the show during the times specified by the scheduler in case there is a power failure during the middle of the night.

Can anyone tell me if i'm missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance.

Al
  • thisisloop

Re: Cue Scheduler & Reboot after power failure

by thisisloop » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:12 am

Also, just to be more clear.

I have two cues scheduled. 1 for playing the show set for the specific times and another 'dark' cue for when everything is turned off.

This set up works prefectly. I just worry that should there be a power failure during the 'dark' hours, the system will reboot and start playing the show when it is not supposed to.

Can anyone help?
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:18 pm

You can save your project in the state of the "dark" cue. This state will be restored on startup.
    You can also use the "Startup Cue" module from MadMapper 5.5 to start the dark cue on startup.
  • thisisloop

by thisisloop » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:36 pm

Hi Matt, Thanks very much for the reply.
    You can save your project in the state of the "dark" cue. This state will be restored on startup.
    I have since discovered that this is an option.
    You can also use the "Startup Cue" module from MadMapper 5.5 to start the dark cue on startup.
    This sounds like it might be the option I was looking for. Will the Start Up Cue Module adhere to the scheduler timing?
    In the event of a power failure I need it to return to dark state during certain 'dark' hours, but return to the 'show' during live hours.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:17 am

Will the Start Up Cue Module adhere to the scheduler timing?
    No it's completely separated. There's a missing feature in Cue Scheduler here. You'd like it to trigger at startup. Let me think about it.
    Please send a ticket to support@madmapper.com for faster interaction, we'll make something
  • thisisloop

by thisisloop » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:38 pm

Hi Matt,

Amazing! Thanks very much. I'll get a ticket across now.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:51 pm

What we propose it to make an option in the Calendar Scheduler to start last event on startup. Would it be an option for you ?
    Calendar Scheduler let you specify events in a google calendar / iCalendar or any calendar application that can export a calendar to an ISF file. You just have to name events with the name of cues and it will execute events accordingly. It handles recurring events & exclusions (ie an event each Monday at 9am from January, 2nd to May, 5th except on Monday, 2nd of february) This is quite powerful. Adding an option to start last event on project load in this module would make sense.