Working with Cues
  • dnelson7

Working with Cues

by dnelson7 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:19 pm

Hi All,

While working with cues, if I have 12 groups and I want to play them on using, "play cues in range", I need to put all 12 groups on all the rows I use. it seems that I should be able to simply drag one group to a specific cue, since that the only group I want the cue to play. things go wonky if all the groups aren't present in all cues.

Sorry, still learning...
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Working with Cues

by mad-matt » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:03 am

You can make your surface group invisible, select all your cues and in "Edit Cues" mode you click the surface group visible button, so starting any of the cue will hide the surface group from the output. Then you make it visible only in the cue you want it visible (by changing the visible to "True" in this cue)
  • dnelson7

by dnelson7 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:02 pm

Is there an advantage to working in edit mode? I normally use update values by making my changes, right clicking the gear and selecting, "Update values". Also, is it possible to have 12 individual groups exist in 12 individual cues? so, drag group 1...into cue 1, drag group 2...into cue2, repeat process through group12...cue 12 then fade from one to the next on movie loop end? seems like all the groups and their surfaces need to be dragged into all cues for things to work. I have videos running in each group and if all the videos are in every cue, seems like that's a lot of work for the computer to handle. I'm using a Mac mini
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Wed May 01, 2024 10:25 am

Is there an advantage to working in edit mode? I normally use update values by making my changes, right clicking the gear and selecting, "Update values"
    Edit Mode is made to add or update any parameter in the selected cue(s), while "Update Values" updates the values of all parameters existing in selected cue(s)
    Also, is it possible to have 12 individual groups exist in 12 individual cues?
    Sure. But a cue will send values to parameters that are stored in it. So if "Surface Group 1" is not stored in "Cue 2", starting Cue 2 will not make "Surface Group 1" off. What you can to is to:
    - make all your surface groups invisible
    - select all your cues
    - enter Edit Mode
    - select all surface groups and press the surface groups "Visible" checkbox
    It will make all surface invisible in all selected cues. Then in each cue you switch the corresponding surface group "Visible" (either in Edit Mode, through the cue inspector, or using "Update Values").