KINECTMASKER not showing right side green mask
  • VJBLAZE

KINECTMASKER not showing right side green mask

by VJBLAZE » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Mad_Kinectmasker, and having some problems. I'm on OSX LION

1. grayscale shows up in Kinect Preview, However Mask Preview on the right is black.

2. Z min and Z max do not change the depth field.

3. Blur not working/unsure because I think it affects the Mask Preview

4. Tilt DOES WORK.

I'm aware these are all early prototypes in the Mad-Tools, but I kind of expected this one to work.

Am I missing any other Kinect tools from v002 to make this work? Since OpenKinect is built-in I don't think I need any.

Using a Macbook Pro 17inch Early 2008 with 2.5 dual core 2 duo.

ALSO, Mad_Doubler is giving me blank selections for the drop-down boxes on left or right. Then the name of the Syphon Servers I have running show up later. It is un-reliable currently in my experience.

I'm using both Mix Emergency and Avenue 3. They are working with MadMapper just fine, however Mad_Doubler and Kinectmasker are giving me problems so far.

I just bought this and downloaded the most current versions. I know these aren't official functions (yet) of MM, but they are a big part of why I decided to purchase, so any help from the forums here will be appreciated. I will also be doing extensive testing daily with older, and soon a new macbook pro.

Current set-up is this: SERATO (dj video files)->Mix Emergency->Resolume Avenue 3->MadMapper

I see the potential so far and this configuration I'm running requires a faster computer which will be coming soon. However I still need to test everything out.

I did follow the tutorial to try this.

Thanks for any help !!

VJ BLAZE
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi,
    MAD_KinectMasker is currenlty un-tested on OSX Lion.

1 and 4 indicate that the v002 Kinect plugin is working correctly.

3 Blurs the masks

2 Zmin and Zmax do affect which portion of the Z you want to extract.

MAD_Doubler drop down boxes show emtpy selection is no Syphon output was found.

Test procedure:
    - Plug the Kinect
    - Start MAD_Kinect masker
    - Launch MadMapper:

do you see any Syphon input listed ?
    Normally you should see MAD_KinectMasker.

If not, then you might have an old Syphon plugin installed on your OS.
    Try to download the latest Syphon Quartz Composer plugin from v002 website,
    install it (be sure not to have duplicate copies), then retest the procedure.

The MAD_Lab applications make use of plugins, which are bundled with the apps.
    However, if these plugins are already installed on your computer, the apps will load YOUR installed plugins.

EDIT:
    there was a problem with the very first version of KinectMasker we released.
    Fortunately, we noticed it very quickly, and the bad build was online for only an hour (maybe less). Perhaps you were a very early downloader and got this bad version.
    Please try re-downloading, just to be sure.
  • VJBLAZE

by VJBLAZE » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:08 pm

Ok, my Syphon plug in was u to date. Also I just downloaded the Mad-Tools so I did not get the first few downloads, I was more than a week after.

The problem is still the same. Grayscale image on left that can't be modified with the zmin and max, and the Mask Preview is BLANK. It shows up fine in MM as a Syphon input. I understand how this works, however it's not working like it shows in the tutorial.

Also Mad-Doubler is also un-reliable and sometimes doesn't populate a list of syphon servers in the drop box selection boxes. The names may show up at some point after selecting each program sending a Syphon server.

I'm guessing this is LION related, and I'm hoping this is resolved soon as I would really like to start using the KinectMasker.

Anyone with similar experience on Lion? Or having success on Lion??

Thanks[/img]
  • ilan

by ilan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:59 am

I used the KinectMasker in Lion two weeks ago during the MadMapping workshop I held in Berlin. It worked.
  • TG01

Re:

by TG01 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:19 pm

VJBLAZE wrote:Ok, my Syphon plug in was u to date. Also I just downloaded the Mad-Tools so I did not get the first few downloads, I was more than a week after.

The problem is still the same. Grayscale image on left that can't be modified with the zmin and max, and the Mask Preview is BLANK. It shows up fine in MM as a Syphon input. I understand how this works, however it's not working like it shows in the tutorial.

Also Mad-Doubler is also un-reliable and sometimes doesn't populate a list of syphon servers in the drop box selection boxes. The names may show up at some point after selecting each program sending a Syphon server.

I'm guessing this is LION related, and I'm hoping this is resolved soon as I would really like to start using the KinectMasker.

Anyone with similar experience on Lion? Or having success on Lion??

Thanks[/img]

delete all the patches and plugins in the:

-/Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Plug-Ins (in this directory delete except wotd.plugin and syphon.plugin)
    -/Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Patches (completely delete this folder)

try this way I hope it works.
    shveddi

Re: KINECTMASKER not showing right side green mask

by shveddi » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Добрый день

Kinect может работать как Spacial Scanner?
    shveddi

Re: KINECTMASKER not showing right side green mask

by shveddi » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:02 pm

good day

Kinect can work as a Spacial Scanner?