Seemingly Simple Question
    gmint
    ultim8 member

Re: Seemingly Simple Question

by gmint » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:41 am

I am running it all of Modul8 on a quad core 3.02 Xenon Mac Pro with 4 gigs of Ram and an ATI Radeon HD 5770 (which gives me 3 of the 5 displays) the other displays are driven by whatever the stock card is (sorry, can't remember offhand what it is). All of the projectors are running at 1024x768 Modul8 can certainly drive that many displays. I will tell you that it's not like I'm using full resolution content (it won't do that, it's too jerky), and it's definitely taxing the machine but I can get decently smooth graphics with lower res content. Perhaps I'll put a video up shortly...
    DJ G Mint

www.MidwestDJs.com • [url=https://]www.minidj.com[/url]
  • ilan

by ilan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:39 pm

For the record, if you have a Mac Pro with a video card inside each PCI slot you can have up to 8 outputs. 7 if you need to be able to see the Modul8 interface.
    gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:17 pm

ilan wrote:For the record, if you have a Mac Pro with a video card inside each PCI slot you can have up to 8 outputs. 7 if you need to be able to see the Modul8 interface.

I know this is off topic, but maybe you can shed some light on this question that I've had a bit recently: is there a performance penalty associated with using multiple outputs in M8? In my case, 5 displays seems like a WHOLE lot of screen real estate, but at 1024x768, it's not really all that many pixels compared with something like couple of 30" Apple Cinema Displays...
    DJ G Mint

gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm

BTW, just wanted to mention that I contacted support twice and still haven't received any info regarding swapping MadMapper for M8. I'd understand if I were just asking for my money back, but for several hundred dollars, is it ridiculous to ask to swap one program for another? :(
    DJ G Mint

• ilan

by ilan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:27 pm

On one of the early Mac Pro's with loaded video cards we could run 1024 x 768, each on a different layer set in whatever screen and it ran OK. Of course within reason and knowing the rules of what your hardware can do.

In regards to your swap issue, I have been following this and the reason there is no answer is that we just don't get any such requests ever, hence the confusion over what to do. I am going to take it up and resolve the problem today. Thank you for your kind patience in advance.
    gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:59 pm

ilan wrote:In regards to your swap issue, I have been following this and the reason there is no answer is that we just don't get any such requests ever, hence the confusion over what to do. I am going to take it up and resolve the problem today. Thank you for your kind patience in advance.

Ilan, I really appreciate it. I understand how this is an unusual request (especially since you only just began offering a second product) and I would probably understand if you just said "no" :)
    DJ G Mint