Using hexagons to map?
  • MattJsy

Using hexagons to map?

by MattJsy » Sat May 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi Guys,

Firstly lovely piece of software excellent work!

I am playing with the demo and am sure I will be buying this when the time comes (c:

I was wondering it is possible to map with shapes like a hexagon? I have tried using a mesh to do this but you then have to warp the video and map with rectangles still.

Any help appreciated.

Matt
  • scaryxpuppy
    activ8 member

Re: Using hexagons to map?

by scaryxpuppy » Sat May 05, 2012 8:25 pm

In version 1.2 (hops this is the demo you have) - you can create MASKS that are specific to a layer...

These masks enable you to create perfect shapes every time, whilst still allowing for perspective transformations

The masks can be inverted as well, which is a great feature to use the original MASKING as the output !!

Hope this gives you the ideas you need....

PS - Do buy the software ! You won't regret it

PHIL
  • bareimage
    activ8 member

by bareimage » Thu May 10, 2012 7:34 am

Phill what he is trying to do is to create mesh distortion. Mesh is often done from poligons.

Right now you can't. MAX6 it is possible :|
  • 1000errors

by 1000errors » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Yes you can map hexagons very easily, just create a square, turn on mesh warping, set the first box to have 1 subdivision and the second to have 2 subdivisions, turn on "show input mesh", you will then see you have 6 points in total, now just drag the points to align with the 6 corners of the hexagon shape.
    There's no need for any masking doing it this way.
    I use hexagons alot, you can see some examples of them on my website. http://www.1000errors.com