Feasibility of using MadMapper in wayfinding/signage design
  • DanShannon

Feasibility of using MadMapper in wayfinding/signage design

by DanShannon » Wed May 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Hello

I am working on a wayfinding and signage design project. For various reasons, the project requires a system that would be flexible and easily changed (unlike most wayfinding projects, where permanent signs would be used), and I have had the idea of mapping the signage onto the walls and architectural forms of the building using MadMapper and projectors. In theory, this would hopefully result in a flexible and dynamic system which would be easy to change.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any similar projects, or had any experience doing this kind of thing? Given the nature of MadMapper I would (hopefully) be able to create several signs from one well-placed projector, which could project onto different parts of the wall. The areas to be signed are open and large, and all walls are painted white.

One problem might stem from the fact that it wouldn't be dark inside the building - would black projections on white walls, for example, be visible under room lighting conditions? Do any other obvious limitations come to mind?

At the moment I'm just exploring the technical potential of the idea.
  • bareimage
    activ8 member

Re: Feasibility of using MadMapper in wayfinding/signage des

by bareimage » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:01 pm

I do not think projectors are the best way to active it.

1. You will not be able to use them at daylight time.
    2. You still need powerful projector
    3. For the price of one good projectors you can get three good displays, and encase them in environment casings

If you can tell us more about a project I would be able to assist you more.
  • maryamsaffarini

by maryamsaffarini » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:48 am

Hi, i am also working on a similar project and i was wondering what did you do with yours?
  • paullarry

by paullarry » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:27 pm

Agree with bare that You will not be able to use them at daylight time.
    You still need powerful projector
    For the price of one good projectors you can get three good displays, and encase them in environment casings

It will be good that you tell more about your project and how you resolve your problem. It will increase our knowledge...