SYPHON OUTPUT
  • scaryxpuppy
    activ8 member

SYPHON OUTPUT

by scaryxpuppy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:21 am

I wonder if anyone knows a FIX for the issue I have encountered :

I am looking to create a 3 x Screen Blended projection using BLENDY software, which takes a syphon feed in and then processes it and sends it to MADMAPPER.

I use VDMX5 as my main VJ software to create my scene, and this can send a SYPHON feed into BLENDY for processing, which in turn goes into MADMAPPER for final on screen positioning.

The problem I have is that VDMX has a limited interface to allow for precise corner and perspective tweaking - it is a lot worse than MADMAPPER

As such, I have thought that I would run slightly differently :

I use VDMX5 to create the individual layers, and then send a full COMPOSITION output of these layers to MADMAPPER.

I then use MADMAPPER to create the final scene - (as i say, the corner pins and perspective are much better)

This is then SYPHON'd out into BLENDY for processing which can be done easily..

The problem now comes when i try to tun back into a 2ND COPY of MADMAPPER !!

When I am running two instances of MADMAPPER it seems to confuse the SYPHON as blend now sees 2 SYPHON inputs both called MADMAPPER - and this makes it all go black !

Is there a way that I can rename the syphon feeds from 2 instances of MADMAPPER, or is there a way of disabling the automatic syphon output on the 2nd instance of MADMAPPER as this is only being used to output to my TRIPLEHEAD - don't need syphon on this instance.

All help would be gladly appreciated - or if anyone can think of any other workarounds

Regards to all

PHIL
    deepvisual
    master

Re: SYPHON OUTPUT

by deepvisual » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:33 pm

suggest you use blendy the way it was designed.

vdmx/blendy/madmapper
  • scaryxpuppy
    activ8 member

by scaryxpuppy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Yep - this would be ideal... and what i tried first.

The problem I was facing was that I was creating a full COMPOSITION layer in VDMX5, using Blendy and then finalising in Madmapper, but this meant that Madmapper was really only allowing Quad Pin corner adjustment, as it was "one whole layer" coming back in, so for perfectly flat edge blending this was ideal.

My final 3xScreen TripleHead2Go projections were on to slightly irregular surfaces so I needed to be able to actually adjust the original layers, corner by corner.

This is where I find VDMX a little bit limiting and not very precise.

Madmapper allows for much better adjustments, and so having this as the "stage" where I can do final tweaks and adjustments would be ideal.

I appreciate this is a slightly longwinded way of doing things.....

I have tried Millumin as well as this interim stage, but the "skewing" seems to add jarred pixels too much, and loses the original smoothness.

I am in the process of creating an iPad function for TouchOSC that allows me a bit more precise control of VDMX5's sizing options, but am certainly open to any other options

PHIL
  • destroythings

by destroythings » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Try using the memo.tv qcfx for VDMX.

There is a Quad Warp and Quad Mask effect that can be applied to either individual layer in VDMX or the master out.

http://www.memo.tv/archive/projection_m ... poser_vdmx
  • scaryxpuppy
    activ8 member

by scaryxpuppy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:58 pm

There is a Quad Warp and Quad Mask effect that can be applied to either individual layer in VDMX or the master out.

Brilliant ! Solves 99.9% of all my problems .... and is now controlled beautifully by my iPad for up close precise cornering

Many thanks - and looks like a lot of other good PLUGINs on here as well.

That's my day tomorrow taken up that

THANKS AGAIN

Phil
  • scaryxpuppy
    activ8 member

by scaryxpuppy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:41 pm

As if by magic, the new Beta of VDMX seems to solve my probs ! Hooray

http://vidvox.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7113

Phil