Madlight, LED`s and ENTTEC
  • Colordj

Madlight, LED`s and ENTTEC

by Colordj » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi,

I`d like to check out the Madlight. I`m a beginner with DMX and ARTNET.
    What do i need to purchase to do something like this? http://vimeo.com/52931341
    Is it only possible to do white light? What is the name of the Led`s on the roll?
    Is the mad mapper working with DMX USB PRO and ODE or only with one of both?

cheers and thanks

Juergen

bildstoerung.ch
  • Maisch

Re: Madlight, LED`s and ENTTEC

by Maisch » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi!
    What you would need to do something similary you will need to have a mac with madmapper and a VJ-program, such as Modul8.
    From your mac you will need a Artnett to DMX such as an Enntec. I dont know if it works with a USB to DMX. I would belive that if you are using an USB to DMX you will get problems with the FPS as soon as you try to controll multiple fixtures.
    You might need to configure your DMX-Artnet device so that it knows what artnet it is suppose to listen to and so on. I had to do that with my Sandbox atleast.
    From your artnet to dmx device you need to connect to a device that "talks" to your fixture. The fixtures/leds that are used on the video looks like Schnick Schnack System. made by PRG. When you buy a package of SSS you get a bunch of LEDs and a device that recives DMX from any lightdesk or other device that sends DMX. This box then send the corresponding signals to the LED.
    The reason for why they are only using white on the video might be because it is easier for "us" to se the result, or because the LED they are using only have white pixls. The SSS on other hands has full RGB color mixing. What colour that comes out of the LED appends on what colour the video/ effect you have going in your VJ program.

So what you basicly need is: A mac with software Madmapper and a VJ program.
    Artnet to DMX Device. Such as an Entec
    a Solid Dmx line from artnet to DMX to the device that controles the LED. if you have Led fixtures that have DMX in/ out like a simple LED Par you plug the dmx from the Entec into this and it should work, as long as you have the corresponding DMX addresses.

Good Luck!
    -Smartin
  • charlescid

by charlescid » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Hey !
    You said that i can use madlight with my ParLED ?

And can you tell me what hardware it is ? -> http://vimeo.com/55571493
    The dimmer ?
    The power ?
    The led ?
    And how to buy / build this ?

Thx a lot
    NateMac
    activ8 member

by NateMac » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:33 pm

Just thought I'd share some MadLight test.

I'll probably make a separate thread for this. But I'm learning as I go, just like everyone else.