MadLight and Enntec ODE configuration
  • lumnz

MadLight and Enntec ODE configuration

by lumnz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:20 pm

I had a bit of trouble getting MadLight to work and decided to save a few of you the same time.
    The documentation is vague

1 -download this -
    http://www.enttec.com/index.php?main_me ... management)

2 - Connect ODE to the computer directly via CAT5 cable.
    Follow instructions for updating firmware and testing your ODE.
    Once you determine that your ODE device is communicating take note of the Subnet #, Universe # and IP address. (you will need to make sure the madlight settings are the same fro Subnet and Universe)
    3 - Address your DMX Device/s each Fixture has a range of dmx channel that it uses.

A little of info on LEDs
    DMX fixtures have different DMX modes. Depending on the number of modes available for each fixture will determine whether your fixture will work with madlight.
    Check the DMX channel diagram from the manufacture to confirm that you have 3 channel mode available as an option. Some DMX fixtures with dip switches have up to 9 channels for a single RGB section. These types of fixtures will not work with MadLight because they assume that you have a controller which has individual control channels for Dimmer, Red, Green, Blue, Strobe, Macros etc..

Typical generic RGB LED's use 3 channel mode. RGBA 4 channels.
    4 - Configure your computers IP adress to be in the same range as your ODE device. (one number lower worked for me.)
    5 - Create a dmx fixture in MM
    6 -in madmapper make sure the subnet and universe #'s are the same as your Artnet ODE.
    7 -set the channel # in madmapper as the first DMX address in your lighting rig.
    8- create a fixture in the Fixture Library section of MM.
    9- choose the edit tab
    10-set the Horizontal and Vertical # of your matrix.
    Depending upon the number of fixtures and array of them will determine the number of H and V pixels your matrix will have.
    (Do not change the channel offset of the fixture unless you know that you need to.)
    you should see light output.
    the rest is up to you.

I would like to play with the assignation section next but i assume it is the direction of the dmx address relative to the position in the rig.

I hope this helps
    -JD