MAD_KinectMasker
  • franz
    madMapper master

MAD_KinectMasker

by franz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi forum !
    Now that Quartz Composer files are natively supported by MadMapper 1.4,
    here's the QC patch of MAD_KinectMasker, some of you might find it useful.
    Feel free to tweak it according to your needs.
    (You'll need v002 kinect QC plugin tho' to run it properly).

Enjoy.
    Attachments
    MAD_KinectMasker 06a.qtz.zip
    (6.69 KiB) Downloaded 3177 times
  • Juddy Udsan

Re: MAD_KinectMasker

by Juddy Udsan » Wed May 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi,

I am new to Quartz (couple days) and wondering if there was ever a Version 1.1 or 2.0 of the KinectMasker as I would love to use it for a current job . I find Version 1.0 to be unstable- most of the time the only thing that works for me is the Tilt. I have had it working in the past and it was great:)

Thanks

Juddy Udsan
  • Raz___

by Raz___ » Wed May 08, 2013 9:08 pm

I run into this problem regularly.

I dont know of any newer versions but i have found that sometimes switching the order or plugging up the kinect to the computer and opening the app helps.

It is annoying having to do this nearly every time i want to use it, so if you find an update or another way please let me know.
  • Xaver2k
    super8 member

by Xaver2k » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Hello the KinectMasker is not working for me?
    when i load the file in madmapper i only see the blue and the black fields.... all my other kinect programs are working?
    i also put the v002 Open Kinect in my plugin folder and when i open the composition with quartz it´s the same problem!
  • Xaver2k
    super8 member

by Xaver2k » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:02 pm

got it working... the v002 Open Kinect has to be in the patches folder not the plugin :?
  • mbowman

by mbowman » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:33 pm

So I have no issues getting the Kinect Mask to work, however doesn't let the Max depth go past 1 (which seems to be meters)...the issue seems to be the core image filter and how it deals with floating point?....has anybody figured out a work around? My QC skills are a little weak when it comes to something like this?
  • mbowman

by mbowman » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Oh wait...The max input mod was limited to 1...I'll have to see to tomorrow if making the max value NaN fixes the depth limit.
  • mbowman

by mbowman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:05 am

Thats exactly what the issue was...change the input rage for the max/min to unlimited and the thing worked like a charm.
  • raindropz

by raindropz » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:23 am

Keep the automatic updates enabled, and it will always keep you active with the latest version. If the automatic updates are enabled you do not have top be worry about the new version installations. It will get updated by itself.
    Adam
    Try cable tv alternatives
    Last edited by raindropz on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • rextherunt

by rextherunt » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:18 pm

mbowman wrote:Thats exactly what the issue was...change the input rage for the max/min to unlimited and the thing worked like a charm.

Hi there
    Any chance you can explain how you changed these values? They appear greyed out and I'm not sure how to edit them.

Thanks!
  • mbowman

by mbowman » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:48 pm

rextherunt wrote:
    mbowman wrote:Thats exactly what the issue was...change the input rage for the max/min to unlimited and the thing worked like a charm.

Hi there
    Any chance you can explain how you changed these values? They appear greyed out and I'm not sure how to edit them.

Thanks!

Yeah it was super simple...in the QC patch off of the SUPER Threshold MSKed patch is the MAX/MIN inputs/parameters. Go into the patch inspector for the MAX patch, switch to SETTINGS in the pull down and change the Maximum value to NaN (or the max depth of the area you are working in).
  • rextherunt

by rextherunt » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:32 am

mbowman wrote:
    rextherunt wrote:

Hi there

Thanks!

Yeah it was super simple...in the QC patch off of the SUPER Threshold MSKed patch is the MAX/MIN inputs/parameters. Go into the patch inspector for the MAX patch, switch to SETTINGS in the pull down and change the Maximum value to NaN (or the max depth of the area you are working in).

Thanks! I also tried just removing the max and min patches and that worked. But it would be nicer to have it set to the area I'm generally working in. Thanks again for the quick reply!