Enttec USB Pro compatibility
  • mr_coops

Enttec USB Pro compatibility

by mr_coops » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:08 am

Hi,
    I've just downloaded the update of madmapper and was very happy to see support for the Enttec USB. I've used my system with an Art-net adapter and had a fixture up and running 8)
    But can you give some guidance to how to set this up please?
    Madmapper preferences recognise the device, but when selecting it the box to the right of there is empty. I have no options to choose from. The artent box offered me 2 choices ethernet of wi fi.
    i have the latest firmware on the usb pro so it's not that.
    My mac is recognising the usb pro as entices pro utility can find it and send messages to the matrix.

Any advice would be super please :mrgreen:
  • mr_coops

Re: Enttec USB Pro compatibility

by mr_coops » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:18 am

Think I may have sold the problem...
    Virtual COM port drivers.
    http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:23 pm

obviously you need to install the drivers, and plug the usb box before entering the preferences
  • mr_coops

by mr_coops » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:22 pm

Obviously now....
    I found out about the drivers via the Modul8 website not madmapper, up until the advent of madlight I have just ben using my enttec on a PC.
    As I stated in my first post Franz using the enttec pro utility I was able to send dmx to my madlight test rig, hence I didn't realise I needed subsequent drivers
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:40 pm

you can download the drivers directly from www.enttec.com
    note that the DMX USB Pro MKII will work with MadMapper, but you'll have only one DMX output (for now)
  • lianasherof

by lianasherof » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:11 pm

You need external MIDI to do the ”running through” anything in M8. Then you have many options what it is that generates the desired MIDI. Ableton is the favorite for many. But anything that has MIDI out (also hardware) is usable.
    Then you just use the MIDI mapping in M8 to assign MIDI to mappable elements in Modul8 main interface and modules. You can automate quit a bit this way.
    Our excellent online jncia certification braindumps programs will lead you to success in the Boston University We also offer latest Avaya and Yale University with 100% success guarantee. Our selftestengine is rare Youtube