Splitting MMs' output through x2 Projectors
  • marcindo

Splitting MMs' output through x2 Projectors

by marcindo » Sun May 19, 2013 11:09 pm

Hello,

I am currently projecting onto a 3D structure that is 12ft wide and roughly 4ft tall. Inorder for the entire structure to be projected on, I need to have the projector just over 20ft away! The projector is 6 and a half ft off the ground central to the structure. It is being used for a musical performance and with the projector being central limits how close people can get on the dance floor without blocking the projection. This is something I can deal with but I want to explore my options.
    So I thought maybe using two projectors to display the visuals one left one right to meet in the middle allowing for the projectors to be a lot closer and for people to get closer to the performance. My first thought is to use a Matrox Dual heal2go to achieve this.

My question is can I spilt the current output from madmapper down the middle in to two separate divides and send each half though two outputs easily? will this require alot of modification to my scene presets?

I am using a MacBookPro 13" with 2.7 GHz intel Core i7 Processor and 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory. I am also running Ableton Live, Max/Msp/Jitter and MM all simultaneously! Sorry if the answer is really obvious! Thanks for any help!
    deepvisual
    master

Re: Splitting MMs' output through x2 Projectors

by deepvisual » Sun May 19, 2013 11:43 pm

just give yourself enough time to do it.
    keep the matrox by the computer and run two cables up to the projectors.
    it should be very very simple.
    avoid running digital - DVI-D as there is a 5m limit on the cables.
  • marcindo

Re: Splitting MMs' output through x2 Projectors

by marcindo » Sat May 25, 2013 3:23 am

Ok thanks, yeh would I have to make the resolution the size of both screens/projectors combined? and if I full screen the output window will it snap to on of the dual outputs or spread evenly out over the two projectors?

I was checking out your site actually deepvisual before your replayed!! you do some awesome stuff! and I was looking at maybe hiring out a dual Head2go from you for my show possibly!!