Advice please
  • L1oire

Advice please

by L1oire » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:22 pm

I'm new to MadMapper, and trying to understand the best way to do the project I envision with it. I would appreciate some help from people with more experience.

My question is about the best input into MadMapper for imagery that is responsive to an audio file.

I have a lot of video clips and still images I'd like to use, which makes. Modul8 looks good from what I can tell, but I have not yet bought it and want to make sure it will work well for my installation when I will not be controlling it live. I am familiar with Max/MSP and would be willing to use Quartz Composer or another Syphon input but the real issue is that I am not doing a live performance, but using the projection mapping in an installation, so I need an input (or two with MadDoubler) into MadMapper that I can automate. Please help! I am spinning my wheels trying to understand what I can and can't do with all these different programs.
  • najrock

Re: Advice please

by najrock » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:11 pm

download the demo versions and try it out!

my next show with madmapper has three 10 mil LED globes, 150 panels of 8mil LED tile and 50 sunstrip lighting fixtures (madlight) all from one output! madmapper is pretty versatile and makes it simple to switch your inputs...generally tho if you get creative you can use one 1920x1080 canvas and drive multiple outputs discretely.

cheers! :D
  • Xaver2k
    super8 member

Re: Advice please

by Xaver2k » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:27 am

#offtopic
    @najrock
    is it possible to get some more information about this? how many leds are you using? 10 mil led globes, is this 10.000/10.000.000 :shock: leds or is it the name?