output surface size parameter
  • luxcollective

output surface size parameter

by luxcollective » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:26 pm

I abandoned Madmapper a couple of years ago because I could not specifically enter in output surface sizes and positions (only the input surface size parameters are offered) This makes MadMapper not as accurate for pre-mapping complex LED panel designs since you can only do it with the mouse by eye. Is this still the case? I can't seem to see where you can enter in the dimensions/position of the output surface. The dimension and position parameter still only seem to be for the input surface which is far less useful than needing to know the exact dimensions and positon of the output surfaces per a provided pixel map.

The simplest execution would be when you click the input surface the parameter window shows the parameters for the input surface, when you click the output surface it switches to the parameters for the output surface.

Would really like to work MadMapper back in but not being able to hard enter the output surface specs is a non starter for me. Any news on this front?

Thanks!
  • luxcollective

Re: output surface size parameter

by luxcollective » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:04 am

How are people building pixel-accurate outputs based on pixel maps (ie festival LED rigs) ? Are you just eye-balling it? I still don't understand why anyone would want to enter specific coordinates/resolutions on the input surface, rather than the output surface (since apparently we can only do one or the other because of a limitation in Mad Mapper) I am completely missing something?

Thanks!