one pixel outline always visible?
  • JJHP3
    activ8 member

one pixel outline always visible?

by JJHP3 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi Folks

Here's what I am trying to do: In M8, I have a video layer and above it a black and white grid created in PHSP. I am projecting onto a faceted church ceiling with ribs (the black lines of the grid) and insert panels, on which I want the video to play. Figured it all out - used the mesh in MM to follow the "ribs" and the video looks great on the panels. What iI can't figure out is why there is a very thin line of the background video around the whole warped video. When the black bars reach the end of the overall frame you can see the underlying image. One pixel's worth probably. Very slight but distracting. I remade the PHSP grid, saved a jpeg and png etc etc with no change. The only thing that got rid of the while line was to expand the grid as little as possible in M8. The the control over size is coarse and naturally it changes my mesh alignment.

Any ideas about this? Thanks so much for any advice - John
    iMac retina late 2014. 24 Gb RAM. OSX 10.15.7 Latest versions of M8 and MM: audiovisual art: terragizmo.net
  • JJHP3
    activ8 member

Re: one pixel outline always visible?

by JJHP3 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:50 pm

to add: in my investigations into the white-line syndrome, I discovered that M8, when using Filters module enabling CI Color Invert makes the white line. Maybe others, but that filter does. Unfortunately, I like using it!

John