MiniMad Questions
    Trickboxx

MiniMad Questions

by Trickboxx » Tue May 26, 2015 12:59 am

Hello,

Unfortunately I could not really find out what is MiniMad and hoping for some Answers.

MiniMad is a MadMapper Standalone Player?
    The Mapping is created on Mac and then saved on the MiniMad > From where the Visual Content come from? Externally via Syphon example of Modul8?
    Or can I save finished Clips on the SD Card and trigger them via DMX / Artnet / Midi Controller?
    Is it possible to have different Beamers each with a MiniMad and a special Mapping >>> all feed from one Visual Source (Modul8)?
    Can I use MiniMad "Live" performing Visuals in a club or is it purely a playback system?

Many Thanks. Regards, Robert
    YouTube Channel: VJ TBX
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: MiniMad Questions

by franz » Tue May 26, 2015 6:33 pm

Minimad version 0:
    - do your setup in mad mapper using Quads and Triangles (perspective corrected, but no bezier-warping)
    - playback on the minimal from 1 (only 1 due to limited hardware capabilities) media
    media is either image or movie, compressed in H264. Madmapper will provide an easy one click export module which will recompress your footage to optimal settings

No DMX / midi in version 0.

Basically it is a mapping playback system, ideally suited for museums, gallery ... etc.
    Only 1 output

The next versions will have more features (we're working on sync', DMX ... etc)
    The next versions will be a software update, free for all minimal users.

Let me know if you have more questions
  • CRZTVL

by CRZTVL » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi,
    I understand the minimad only supports one output, so I'm wondering how or even IF this works with a triplehead2go setup?
    Since I'm guessing any videosource using triplehead needs the matrox software installed and configured in order for it to work.

Thanks,
    David
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:36 pm

it won't work with a triple head.
  • Videometry

by Videometry » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:28 pm

I know you said above that a minimad wont work with a triplehead, but are you sure this signal chain wouldn't be possible?

minimad hdmi > displayport > tripleadhead2go at 1920x480 > 3x projectors reading 640x480 ?

Thanks!
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:45 pm

No it won't work. You would need a hardware video splitter (Matrox TripleHead is made for computer outputs). But why not using 3 minimads ? We did a lot of work to get them synchronized and to make the export of a project on several MiniMads easy from MadMapper (2.5.0 RC2 is online: https://app.mailerlite.com/h5y2a4/48100 ... 5940/i8r1/ - the link points to RC2 now)
    Cheers
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:00 pm

with the latest release, you can sync multiple minima's together (automatically, provided they're on the same router), it will be more efficient than a video splitter
    (simply because one minimad can't handle 3x HD resolution)