possible light show recorded?
  • a7medsar

possible light show recorded?

by a7medsar » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:42 pm

Hey, I'm currently developing an installation where i would like to sync music and led light by connecting LED RGB light strips via enttec dmx usb pro to mad light. following the tutorial on mad mapper site, i hope to be able to get it working, however, my main concern at this stage is how to record light shows? my ultimate goal is to have a music synced with a light show created for that song. This is just a school project, nothing big or fancy. but i really would love to get to know this tool! i love light!

- Am I able to prerecord lighting patterns (show) so that i can play the show when playing that particular song ? i won't be able to do this live so the light needs to be pre-programmed
    - If that was not possible, can i get mad mapper to have sound activation mode where it hears the music through a mic and it lights up according to the beats and stuff?

I will also have ableton Live, though not sure if i could do something with it to help ?

Really appreciate all your help!
  • te-c
    super8 member

Re: possible light show recorded?

by te-c » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:19 am

You can use the Vezer app to Sync all Midi, or OSC Signals to your Music.
    http://www.vezerapp.hu
    /// Chuck Goldfinger ::: Live Visuals Frankfurt /// VJing, Videomapping, Stagedesign, Photography, Graphic Design and more based in Rhein-Main area ::: by bk-Art.org ///