How did he do it with mad light (video)
  • a7medsar

How did he do it with mad light (video)

by a7medsar » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:30 am

so, I'm doing this school project and never used mad mapper, looked at many tutorials to how to control LED lights and now just waiting for all the little devices to arrive. anyhow, there is this video link

https://youtu.be/_bH32cGbPy4?t=142

watch at minute 2:22 in particular, my question is how did he make the video and by simply putting it to mad mapper, it designated what light correspond to what movement in the video?

my goal after i hook up my led light in mad mapper is to pre-record one or two videos and keep them reply in this school showcase I'm having in a couple weeks. i have no idea how he did it, so please if you know guide me through?

my purposed sculpture will be kind of similar to the look of this project
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Buildin ... /?ALLSTEPS

mine will be more like the look of a sun, and its surrounding is led sticks representing the sun exposure.

Many thanks! appreciate any comments that could help
  • a7medsar

Re: How did he do it with mad light (video)

by a7medsar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:56 pm

:(

Can anyone help, i've created a structure, and put the led strips on them. how do i design and map that structure in madmap,, I'm sure it is easy since that's what mad-map is all about but gosh this village I'm in has no one in technology, and there is absolutely a lack of tutorials for these details out there. I'm planning to document everything i do and post them later to help others. Thanks
  • martyw79
    activ8 member

by martyw79 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:42 am

• a7medsar

by a7medsar » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:38 pm

Thanks,, i sure have looked at that tutorials many times before, i was able to make everything in the tutorial work, no problem.

the problem though is that I'm trying to prerecord a show, just like that guy did in the video above, at minute 2:22. he apparently used final-cut to make that video. i was asking if anyone can give me tips on how i can use perhaps one of the tools in madlab or some other tools where i can make a video like that and stream it through modul8 ? above is also a link of how my sculpture going to look like, so it's not simply side by side, I'm still struggling :(

another problem i got with following the tutorial in mad-mapper site is that they used mad-equilaizer, perfect for testing the light but i can't use that in a show or even a school project, just so random and doesn't have or show an artist story. the lights are selected randomly and changes dramatically. i can't seem to get the fixtures to work properly too, although I'm inputting led into channel 1 - 8, in mad mapper must go to channel 18 to see my first light being controlled with mad-mapper, and as i go two more channels, led strip number two merges messes my ability to set a specific colour for the first led strip, each led strip has at least 7 colours but mad mapper only allow me to control two of these colours and once i go to the third or above all the other left strips connected will also be changing. it's frustrating. maybe i should have only white led strip, not multi-coloured once.
  • martyw79
    activ8 member

by martyw79 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:09 am

You could create a video in After Effects and drop it straight into MadMapper or syphon it from Modul8.

I don't quite understand your problem with assigning channels to the LEDs.
    If your LEDs are RGB each individual LED should be assigned 3 channels, one for Red, Green & Blue.
    Maybe take some screenshots of your MadMapper setup for us?