MadMapper 2.1 released
  • franz
    madMapper master

MadMapper 2.1 released

by franz » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:39 am

Hi Forum !
    We just released MadMapper 2.1.
    2.1 should be the ultimate stable release, it contains a lot of bug fixes and general improvements.
    Let us know if you have any problems with this release.

Release notes:
    Improvements

+ MadLight:
    + Added the possibility to import / export ArtNet Unicast routing table as CSV file
    + Fixture auto-patch:
    + When duplicating a fixture (or using copy/paste), the new fixture will be patched in the first "hole" after this fixture (generally in the same universe)
    + When creating a fixture, if a fixture is selected, the new fixture will be patched in the first "hole" after selected fixture (generally in the same universe)
    + To fully support ArtNet 3 (and remove the 256 DMX universes limitation), removed subnet from address and let the user choose a universe number between 0-32767 (for devices that are still using the old subnet/universe, the universe in MadMapper must be subnet * 16 + universe. For instance subnet 1-universe 3 in old convention is universe 1*16+3 = universe 19 in new convention)
    + It is now possible to change ArtNet Universe, channel or anti-aliasing on a multi-selection of fixtures
    + Fixture definition editor: add scrollbar, reduced text size and be sure the cell size is big enough for the channel number
    + LEDScanner: Added the possibility to scan over multiple universes at once
    + Confirmation dialog when quitting the application

Bug fixes

* Fixed major issue with BlackMagic devices
    * Soft edge gamma setting was not restore properly
    * Fixed issue restoring Fixture Sliders when recalling preset
    * Fixed flickering in Enttec DMX USB Pro output
    * Fixed a possible issue in nVidia drivers
    * Fixed relinking of 3D mesh files
    * Fixed issue reloading a project with a calibrated 3D obj for which we miss the mesh file
    * Stage mask was not applied to fullscreen views
    * Stage background is now displayed when “Output / Show Info” is activated
    * The application failed to start if the path or application package name contained some unicode characters (japanese, chinese)
    jocool

Re: MadMapper 2.1 released

by jocool » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:34 am

Team Madmapper and dudes,

I'm trying to set-up a custom DMX output (5 fixtures of 32 RGB) - I'm using Madmapper 2.2.2 (5608) with a Macbook Pro Version 10.11.3, 2,3GHz, i7,16Go 1600MHZ DDR3...

... and an ENTTEC DMX USB PRO device for the DMX communication between the fixture and Madmapper.

My problem is that the Enttec DMX USB Pro doesn't appear under the Madmapper preferences and I'm not able to select it to set-up Madmapper with my fixtures...

On another hand, I've tried to play with the new "MadMapper 2 Tutorials":
    - 2.5D video mapping tutorial.pdf - worked just fine...
    - DMX... - no success

I'm having problems with this sentence : "We assume that you already know how to set up DMX output correctly.".

No, I don't ...

That's why I'm on this forum... to get some help.. I didn't find any tutorial that could help me with this issue... PLEASE someone help me!.

I have used the same Enttec DMX USB Pro with RESOLUME ARENA 5 and it worked just fine... Finally, I've been able to get my DMX working with Madmapper by sending my Resolume 5 Output by Syphon to Madmapper... which of course isn't the solution that I wanted... I would be able to show my students how simple it is to control DMX with Madmapper... but for now it's impossible... I feel so stupid.

Warm regards.

j.
    jocool was_here!
    broken
    super8 member

Re: MadMapper 2.1 released

by broken » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:31 pm

jocool wrote:Team Madmapper and dudes,

I'm trying to set-up a custom DMX output (5 fixtures of 32 RGB) - I'm using Madmapper 2.2.2 (5608) with a Macbook Pro Version 10.11.3, 2,3GHz, i7,16Go 1600MHZ DDR3...

... and an ENTTEC DMX USB PRO device for the DMX communication between the fixture and Madmapper.

My problem is that the Enttec DMX USB Pro doesn't appear under the Madmapper preferences and I'm not able to select it to set-up Madmapper with my fixtures...

On another hand, I've tried to play with the new "MadMapper 2 Tutorials":
    - 2.5D video mapping tutorial.pdf - worked just fine...
    - DMX... - no success

I'm having problems with this sentence : "We assume that you already know how to set up DMX output correctly.".

No, I don't ...

That's why I'm on this forum... to get some help.. I didn't find any tutorial that could help me with this issue... PLEASE someone help me!.

I have used the same Enttec DMX USB Pro with RESOLUME ARENA 5 and it worked just fine... Finally, I've been able to get my DMX working with Madmapper by sending my Resolume 5 Output by Syphon to Madmapper... which of course isn't the solution that I wanted... I would be able to show my students how simple it is to control DMX with Madmapper... but for now it's impossible... I feel so stupid.

Warm regards.

j.

Not sure if it's related to your issue, but as of 10.9 Apple decided to make their own FTDI driver, and broke compatibility with some chipsets & devices.
    There's a fix/patch to disable the Apple version, and use the one you installed with your Enttec - http://stevenbreuls.com/2014/03/fix-ftd ... mavericks/