super newbie can't select input !
  • meroot

super newbie can't select input !

by meroot » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:27 am

Argh - I can bring in media, see it in the window, go to a quad, add new surface with the input media I first selected. Fine, it shows in output window. I can;t seem to add or select another image to bring in on a separate surface - I double click, use the select, previous, next, button, but I am unable to load/ change input source. Thanks to anyone who can help - obviously very frustrating and probably very easy. Thanks,
  • Xaver2k
    super8 member

Re: super newbie can't select input !

by Xaver2k » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:26 am

you can´t select multiple inputs at once, only one. you need to give it as one input from any other video software.
    if this not solves your problem you should add some screenshots ^^
  • meroot

by meroot » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:24 am

Well thanks for answering so quickly. So you can only use one input at a time? That seems terribly limiting..you can have multiple surfaces but only one input? I'm so new to all this . Is this something you can do using module 8, or one of the other softwares? Also, a new general question, can any of this be animated and keyframed? I am setting up a mapped installation with a number of different animations which I want to switch out and animate over time. I thought madmapper would be the right software and now I am not so sure.. I appreciate any help you can offer.
  • Xaver2k
    super8 member

by Xaver2k » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:33 am

yes you can only one input at a time, for multiple inputs you need to mix this input in software like modul8, or for 2inputs stuff you can use mad_doubler from madlab http://www.madmapper.com/madlab/.
    Madmapper is a "Mapping" software with already some nice additions, but it is not a full video jockeying program and the most other video jockeying programs can´t really Map the signal, so if you want to use it for live video jockeying it is just an "addition".
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:51 pm

Using MadMapper 2.x you can use different medias on different surfaces. So you can do kind of VJing with it, but it doesn't replace a video compositing application like Modul8, VDMX or others in some cases.