sync between two MM on two MBP???
  • PhaseIN

sync between two MM on two MBP???

by PhaseIN » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi!

Is there any way to software sync show on TWO MBP with MM and control it from one MBP via midi controller??
    via ethernet/wifi/midi ??

Show uses several projection surfaces with several projectors.

Each MM show contains different content & different projection surfaces, so syphon output isn't a solution

MM #1 (MBP #1) uses 3 otputs
    MM #2 (MBP #2) uses 2 outputs.

I need to sync start and controls to change contents for layers independently for two MM shows from one control point (midi controller connected to one of MBPs)

Thanx for any ideas and info!
  • Xaver2k
    super8 member

Re: sync between two MM on two MBP???

by Xaver2k » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:27 am

you can use OSC to send messages like midi triggers and else to send messages from one mbp to the other mbp.
  • TheYouth

by TheYouth » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Can someone explain how to do it exactly?
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:25 pm

You should be able to do it with MIDI too. You connect your USB MIDI controller to one computer, it can be used by MadMapper, and by another application that would re-route your signals to the other computer via network connection. I can't link you to this unfortunately cause I never did that.

Another solution is re-route MIDI to OSC with MadRouter (free for MM licence owners). You can redirect all MIDI messages to OSC with something like:
    source url: /midi/all/[*]
    target url: /osc/OSC_OUT/[*]
    Then you have to configure "OSC_OUT" device (pres Cmd+D or menu Tools / Show Devices) to set to IP of the other computer and the OSC Port chosen in the other MadMapper OSC preferences on this other computer.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:38 pm

I found how to forward from one machine to another: in OSX Audio MIDI Setup / MIDI Studio / double click the "network" item, check the "Session 1" item in the top left list, it will activate a network MIDI session. At the bottom right of this window, there are two combo boxes, the top one lets you select a MIDI device that will be routed to this network session, choose your MIDI device.
    On the other computer, do the same, except that instead of choosing a device in the top combo box, choose "MadMapper In" MIDI device !
    That's it