Building Chases
  • Cursor_Studio

Building Chases

by Cursor_Studio » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:35 am

Hi guys

Noob Q - A friend of mine once showed me how making a bunch of mask slices and taping up and down could create nice chase fx, I was wondering if there is way to make pages of these? So you could jump between sequences without having to pick them out of a long list...

Many thanks

I've been a Resolume user for about 5 years and for some reason only just got MadMapper, it f.... rocks.

More advanced chase options would be great though, please share some tips and tricks for automation
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Building Chases

by mad-matt » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:17 pm

Can you explain what you're trying to do ? I don't understand. A picture maybe ?
  • MindBuffer

by MindBuffer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:19 am

i'm guessing he is referring to this technique -> http://chaser.hybridvisuals.nl/

+1 This would be pretty mad to have in mad mapper.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. There will be new tools in MM 3.0 that should allow this kind of things.
    Cheers!
    broken
    super8 member

by broken » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:14 pm

Can do this quite easily with VEZÉR - http://imimot.com/vezer/
  • MindBuffer

by MindBuffer » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:44 am

Thanks for your suggestion. There will be new tools in MM 3.0 that should allow this kind of things.
    Cheers!
    Hi Matt, now that MM 3 is out can you elaborate on how to effectively achieve this? What specific new features were added that can facilitate time and layer chasing now? Cheers.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:46 pm

You can do it with an external control tool (like Vezér, Ableton Live time line etc)
    There will be options in the future in MadMapper but I can't tell you much about the timing at the moment
  • Clubkind Visuals

by Clubkind Visuals » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:11 pm

You can do it with an external control tool (like Vezér, Ableton Live time line etc)
    There will be options in the future in MadMapper but I can't tell you much about the timing at the moment
    There could be a better Solution!
    The new Cue feature is great.
    But if you could trigger a single row from left to right in the cue Window.
    You could store each "Slice" into a Cue and than play the row and you have a Chaser.
    The problem is that you can't play a single row. Right know you can only play all rows together.
    This could be an additional feature and people can use the cue feature as a chaser.
  • Clubkind Visuals

by Clubkind Visuals » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:23 pm

You could store each "Slice" into a Cue and than play the row and you have a Chaser.
    The problem is that you can't play a single row. Right know you can only play all rows together.
    This could be an additional feature and people can use the cue feature as a chaser.
    Found a different way!
    just use the Cue Scheduler to trigger some spefied colums and u can do it now!
    broken
    super8 member

by broken » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:39 am

Found a different way!
    just use the Cue Scheduler to trigger some spefied colums and u can do it now!
    Came across your video the other day :) Had not had a chance to make use of the Cue Scheduler since it was added, and still haven't shelled out the €133 for Chaser or switched to Resolume just for it yet. So big thanks for bringing it to my attention!