MadMapper crashes (or closes itself), no crash log.
  • AgentD
    activ8 member

MadMapper crashes (or closes itself), no crash log.

by AgentD » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:34 pm

Hello,

I have a Mini Mac running MadMapper. This mac is in remote place and I have TeamViewer installed so I am checking the screen from time to time. Everything seems to be working fine except that it seems to crash (or closes itself) after 24 to 36 hours. I checked log files, diagnostic and crash report in console but nothing indicates that "MadMapper" crashed or closed. Is it possible?? Is there a different name that appears in the report or logs other than "MadMapper"? Please let me know if you have any idea. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

AgentD
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: MadMapper crashes (or closes itself), no crash log.

by mad-matt » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:47 am

Which MadMapper version ?
    Which OSX version ?
    What content are you using ? Movies ? Syphon ? Camera ?
    If using movies, do you have "Use Hardware Acceleration" checked ? If know there can be a memory leak with some codecs on 10.9 when using AVFoundation.
  • AgentD
    activ8 member

by AgentD » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi, than you for your response. Oh, maybe the video problem... I am projecting MP4 H264 movie file. The mini mac is the latest OS so it's Sierra and the Madmapper is 2.0. Can you please tell me where the Hardware Accelaration option is? I looked into it in internet and this forum but I didn't find any information. Thanks!

AgentD
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:52 pm

Can you send a mail to support[at]garagecube.com specifying your serial number, MadMapper version, etc.
    Also please use MadMapper 2.5.0 from now. This is a free upgrade if you have a MM 2.X serial