3d mapping with multiple projectors
  • gofarich

3d mapping with multiple projectors

by gofarich » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:57 am

Hi everybody.
    I want to mapping a big sphere with 2 projectors.for example the first projector stand on the front of sphere and the second projector stand behind the sphere. how i can rotate point of view?i can't rotate my object after i fix calibrate the first projector. i must add another object to second projector or its another way to do another point of view to the second projector ???

Thanks.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: 3d mapping with multiple projectors

by mad-matt » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:20 am

Hi,
    You have to create two projectors in MadMapper and move them to different places (second one on the right of the first one).
    Then create twice the 3D surface, once for each projector. Then calibrate them.
    That's it !
    If you want the projection to be clean from any point of view, you should use 3 projectors, cause with 2, you'll have places where you have almost no definition. But it depends on your situation.
    In the best world we would need soft-edge but from my tests, the places where the two projectors overlap was not that visible, and in the worst case, an fade image as another layer with blending mode "Multiply" should be enough.
    Cheers