Webcam and Madmapper issue
  • AgentD
    activ8 member

Webcam and Madmapper issue

by AgentD » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:54 pm

Hello!

I am having a hard time to figure out the issue which is that Madmapper keeps losing the live video feed from the webcam connected to the Mini Mac.

My installation includes the surface which projects the live video feed from the webcam. So, I have a circle Quad set to feed from the webcam and if I restart the computer it works fine. But after a certain time, let's say a couple of days, the madmapper loses the video feed in and it requires someone to restart the computer. The web cam itself is working fine with FaceTime, Quicktime and Photobooth with no interruption. Only with the Madmapper it loses the connection from time to time.

I am using the latest Madmapper.

Does anyone have any suggestions or similar experience? If you do please share, I really appreciate it. Thank you!

AD
  • JoseVz

Re: Webcam and Madmapper issue

by JoseVz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:00 am

Hi friend. I have a question using an external camera or you use the PC camera

I want to use a camera external to the computer to make a cctv with visuals for a designer that I plan to do. you know if it is possible to add an external camera to the madmapper
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:26 pm

What do you mean by "external camera" ? Internet ? Ethernet cable ? USB ?
    MadMapper supports getting a camera stream through the system components (DirectShow on Windows, AVFoundation on macOS). On macOS if you can look at the camera with QuickTime, it should work in MM. On Windows, if you can see the camera with AMCAP (free ms sample), you can use it in MM.
  • Teunkneus
    activ8 member

by Teunkneus » Mon May 06, 2019 10:03 am

Hi friend. I have a question using an external camera or you use the PC camera

I want to use a camera external to the computer to make a cctv with visuals for a designer that I plan to do. you know if it is possible to add an external camera to the madmapper
    Use a capture card, this works for me but I have to stay away from blackmagic hardware since MM cuts off the feed at random times. inogeni worked out for me.